Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Hi All...

I will be joining you on January 1st though I think I will shoot for a Whole 60.

I have begun weaning myself from coffee.  Since I only like my coffee with cream and sugar (I will NOT drink it black or with coconut milk), I have to just quit drinking it. I weaned myself from coffee on my first Whole 30 three years ago and felt AMAZING! (Well after feeling like death for 2 weeks :wacko:) But as great as I felt, I gradually started eating a SAD again and now I simply feel awful....not to mention the pounds have crept back on.  I'm so ready to do this again....for good!

@KIRKOR....I am considering a HFLC version too...I'm just curious how you came to your decision to tweak it. I know I function better being LC.

Let's Go 2015!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@gnakazawa, been looking at keto for a while, and thinking I need to kill and bury my Sugar Dragon for good ... this October's W30 was a good one, and so I think a keto W30 will help piggyback on that success and really get me in a sweet groove for long-term habits. I see keto as similar to intermittent fasting, in the sense that there could be a lot of cool features that we haven't really studied enough yet.

@kirkor....that sounds logical. I am aiming for a more "stoked furnace" and I think the HFLC plan will help me with that. Well, at least the science seems to indicate that!

Good luck to you....and I hope you will post your observations!

@maggie morgue, I agree. A Facebook group would be easier for me. I post a lot of meal ideas on my feed, so I'd now have somewhere to share them instead of bugging all my regular friends :P I'd be down to join! I'll search for you and add you.

Me!!

I've been gluten-free for about 3 weeks & I can definitely tell the difference in my body.  I must be sensitive to gluten, because my GI system is much happier without it.  This has encouraged me to try a Whole30 for identifying more food sensitivities.  I tend to rely on nuts & dried fruit when I don't have traditional American snacks, and it will be a good incentive to find alternatives to those, too.

January is a good time for me to start because it's the end of my winter vacation so I will have time to stock the pantry & freezer before the month begins.  I've already got the chocolate chili marked as a recipe to try & freeze!  I generally keep several cans of sardines & coconut milk in the pantry, and steaks & burgers (just meat + eggs) in the freezer.  

I anticipate breakfast being the greatest challenge for me.  I usually wake up, have a cup of coffee, and then eat my first meal around 2-5 in the afternoon.   IT will certainly be a change in routine.  I'm going to look through the forum to find items that can be prepared ahead of time because if I have to cook AND eat in the morning, it will be more of a challenge.

@A_Whole_New_Me The same thing happened to me. I don't have celiac, but I lost ten pounds and 4 inches after I finished my first Whole 30. Every time I try anything with wheat, I just feel sick and bloated. For the breakfast, routine, I do the same thing. During my first Whole30, I tried to do that as well, but I was so exhausted from changing my diet that my body freaked out LOL. 

Can I join?!? I plan to start January, 3rd (because I'm invited to Tapas on the 2nd. It's my birthday gift I got from friends in October, and since I work in theatre, it is really hard to find a date. So I decided to start on the 3rd).

I'm from Germany, and I've done my first whole30 in summer 2013. I did it during my summer vacation, and it was great, but I was overwhelmed by all the cooking... Meanwhile I'm gluten free since January, I cook almost all of my meals, I don't need so many recipes anymore, and most important: my kitchen is paleo compliant. I have most ingredients I might need in my storage. So this time I'm not scared to try it while I'm working.

Though I try to eat healthy (I even grow my own vegetables), I really have an addiction problem with sugar, especially chocolate. Christmas isn't helping, so I decided not to do anything during Christmas time (that wouldn't work anyway), and start over in January. I'm planning a whole30, but hope to go 45 or even 100. We will see about that. I really need to loose weight, and to clean my body and get my metabolism back into balance.

In addition to that, I will start a "yoga deal" with a friend. We will both practice yoga every day for at least 15 minutes. We already did that in June, and it was great.

Okay, enough for today. Hope to read you soon, and until that I wish all of you a nice Christmas time!!!

Tanja

Hi all,

I'm going to start a FB group for those who are interested! Let me know your Facebook name, I'll search and add you :)

I'm excited to start sharing recipes, tips, and ideas! This is going to be great.

Kim

@Kim.C @Maggie Morgue and I were wanting to start one too! 

Awesome! I just friend requested Maggie Morgue so I could get a group started - let me know how to find you! You can start one instead if you want. As long as we have a place to support each other :) You can search for "Kim Curry" on Facebook but I have it set pretty private since I'm a teacher so I'm not sure how easy I am to find.

I would like to join the January Whole 30....I just signed for a 10 day detox....and it is just a hard time of year to committ to this.  I will however get myself prepared for the January W30 and join the rest of you.  I would like to ask Hbombdiggity71 how much weight you have to lose....30 lbs is a huge weight loss in this amount of time.  I want to lose 30 also..but want to gain my energy back and lose the headaches I get every week.

Well, I'd say I have a total of 100 lbs to lose.  So, I've knocked off 30 so far.  I have so much energy when I'm doing W30 and everything in life is better.  I fell fantastic when I'm doing it.

i'm probably going to start mine on the 2nd as well. i'll be out of town on new year's day. i'm going to be doing AIP, mostly because my neurologist and allergist both wanted me to do an elimination diet and figure out what the hell is triggering my migraines and eczema, not to mention the fact that i'm insulin resistant and the carbs have GOT to go if I want to do anything about this fatigue. hyperinsulinemia suuuuuucks.

thankfully, I can at least have fruit and that's usually all the sweet I need. :-)  the bread and potatoes are going to be a beast to avoid, though.

I wanted to start tomorrow, just jump on in, but I am visiting family for the holidays and I know I won't be ready with all the temptations, SO I have decided to start January 2,and hopefully make it through the month. I already eat pretty healthy, I am a crossfitter and workout around 4-5 days per week. I have gained so much muscle but also some fat and I am not where I want to be, especially with food. This forum I hope will help me with the support and encouragement that I need to get through! Thank you all!

Holy schmoley!!!

Check out our January roster:

338 people!!  :o 

(EDIT: updated 1/8)

I made all the names links to the "message me" feature, so that we can send notes of support and accountability to each other! :)
(also, Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1747117208845786/?fref=nf) ( 476 members as of today!!)

2B-LLFS
2BHealthy
7of9
A_Whole_New_Me
abigail68
adrien
aerobicsmom13
Agapita
aggiemum
Ajordin
alester212
alfiebookshop
Allyonthebeach
Alphie
Alyson
Amanda Raith
AmandaCrossFitSterling
amberc
ambnille07
Amylippincott
anapaulaoj
anastacia
angi1214
Anipi
Ann C.
Anya
AprilLynne
Ashton
Augie
Avery
AwksIrishGirl
Bambi
barbarab46
BarefootRambling
Beth77
BevAnn
binkymum
Bluebonnets
bluturtle52
bobbihall1
Bonmort
booksnadcoffee
bronnyd
Brynn
CaitlinI
Carly33
Catwoman
ccthomp
cdoc
cedwards17
Cela2002
ceral5
CEvans55
CHANGING
charaelyse
Cherilu
Cherylmccloud
ChrisHaru
ChristiKR
Chuck Pate
cinbins
ckbrill
Clare_S
classymexi
claud1a
cmsulig
CSBN
cselvig
Csteward86
Cyndi Lou
Daisies
DaniD
David Mathews
Dawn1974
Dawnlp
debalou69
DebB813
Dee bibb
Dem
DianeV14
Dmccalled4
doctoremily (keto)
Doing it!
doublev
doughty_m
drtracyb
dutchsoccer11
EmilyBarn
Eponina
feltont
fitdivajen
FitJoy1017
gaitless
gbakos2015
Gemini545
geogirl0626
ginacrossman
ging4r
GingerD
gnakazawa (keto)
Goale35
halfpint
HannahChch
Hbombdiggity71
heatherglick
hebbaward
HeidiRE
helen
higs
hmb13
hobbit0506
hoodieruns
Hope4life
iAMDIDIERx
IslandGirl072906
isoldebella
Jackie P
jacquelinesuzanne
Janis Boatright-Werner
janellewilson
Jannike
jcemslie
JClark
jdzions
Jen_in_NH
jenlea72
Jenn2011
Jennifer2C
jennyjumpup
jess in the uk
Jette
jml666
jnbisme
joanmclean
jocelynsheerin1
JocI
joni
JordanD21
jrmminga
jrqualizza
juliawholesomething
juliekayg
kam80s
Kandis Castelli
KarenFC
karinalynne
Kat627
katphoto
Kecia Lynn
Kelliinraleigh
Kelly2015
kellygirl
Kellyna
kelsey1027
Kim.C
KimL
KimberlyD
KimberlyH
Kimbrrr137
Kimidziu
kirkor (keto)
kitjen
Kiwibyte26
klhardin53
KSisil
kt cat
Kuu
kwaller1030
Ladeebugg23
Ladylynn34
LaShwanda
Laura S.
Lauren1977
laurenmcadams
Laurie
lauries3
Lazykitty
lclarkuf
Lcovi81
ldm29
leaC
leahcarn
Libby C.
liddylou
LindaMarie
Linda G.
LindaMay
Linetteg
LisaStenz
llambrecht
lmann
Lolalemonade
Lori No Processed Foods
LoriAtchison
Lovely Raine
Lucy Virginia
lululove
lvthgme
Lyra Belacqua
56830Maggie Morgue
Mags
Maja
Mama.epstein
mandiiifree
Marielle
marshy221
MartaK
martyyoung
Mary T.
Maryjeano
mathteach86
Meg636
Megsymoo
melanieamcleod
MelissaF
MelissaT
mfitz
mikebinkley
MindyBean
missyf75
MJP
mlowe1157
moechris23
momofive
moose
move2lose
Mrs. Red
mrs.joslyn
Mrs.Pringles
mrsbeccajcantrell
Mrssaint
Mudpie57
mujerhermosa1
mumontherun
NannyD (keto)
Natalie.s.a
NatJ
NazzaB
ncg27
newmo1977
nikkidemers

NishaG41
nmarquardt1007
nochem66
nowiswhen
oasis
overyonder
Paichka
pearlgirl610
Penelope
PennyLynn070707
Peppers
pgrill
phantommeb (keto)
pjoy
politicalmama
praxisproject (keto)
PrimalHeartBeet
PrimalMamma
psmally
PurpleCloud
QueenElsa (FODMAP)
rachdevsam
RachelRoberts2
rampaige
RangerAJ
ratmom
Ready4achange
redskater
reece1932
Reinet
Rockin'Robin
Roxstar7
Rtbwhole30
Rtist Jen
runnerchik70
s99mac
Sabre
sailorlawrence
Salamanda81
sally
SandyM
sarielswish
SavyLola
Sazafrass
Scottishpearl
Seattleram
seforde
SGB
Sheena812
SheilaT
sherronh
SherryS75
sidcianicliff
silk
smerler2graham
SmithDynasty
smcwh30
Smstevens70
Sonya_Girl
Sschwab20
Stargazer93
Sthillen
stravajunkie
SueC
Suedavis580217
Sunflour
Sunshineinny
Susan3141
SuzeEG
Sycamore
tamerar
tbrainey
Terrance
ThatRedheadGal
the-ames
thepaleobarbie
thewyrdwoman
tiffgetsfit14
Tlentz
tlynmarq
tmpratt
trtennis17
Vanessa lewis
vcvint12
Vian (AIP)
walkerlori
wenlyc
whail81
WholeFoodAussie
WildChildGoneGood
wmarylou37
YumYumZari
Zacknowledged
Zelma
Zoe
ZoeyButtons
zooflute

Awesome! I just friend requested Maggie Morgue so I could get a group started - let me know how to find you! You can start one instead if you want. As long as we have a place to support each other :) You can search for "Kim Curry" on Facebook but I have it set pretty private since I'm a teacher so I'm not sure how easy I am to find.

OK! I'm "Ashton Roberts", in Los Angeles (there's a lot of Ashton Roberts') My picture here is the same as my profile picture

I just started the Facebook group! I was trying to friend everyone to add them, some people are difficult to find though. Maybe I should just make it public and you all can find the group? Maybe that would be easier? Or people can request to join it.

I named the group: January 2015 Whole30 - the picture is of It Starts With Food.

I just started the Facebook group! I was trying to friend everyone to add them, some people are difficult to find though. Maybe I should just make it public and you all can find the group? Maybe that would be easier? Or people can request to join it.

I named the group: January 2015 Whole30 - the picture is of It Starts With Food.

Oh awesome! Ya, I think making it request to join is a good idea. I'll search for it now!

Archived