Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Just a heads up: I'm a member of The Paleo Approach Community on facebook. There was a lot of interest in that group on doing a january whole30, so I linked our January whole30 FB group to them. So if you get a lot of people wanting to join, that's why :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be starting a whole30 on January 1st too. I've dabbled with Paleo over the years and have started whole30s before but never completed one despite how much better it made me feel! This time I have to do it! Would love to join the Facebook group for moral support! GOOD LUCK everyone xxx

Hi all,

I'll be joining you guys on 1/1/15 as well!  I'm looking forward to getting back into regular exercise from running and CrossFit after a bout of plantar fasciitis.

I'm using the next few days to eat up some of the bad goodies in the house, clean out the pantry, and store away some stuff until it's time to reintroduce them into the plan.

My challenges will be my dependence on creamer in my morning coffee, wine in the evening and a general ineptitude at meal planning.  Giving up cheese, popcorn and chocolate will be hard too. 

Looking forward to the challenge though!

best,

zooflute

I am starting Whole30 on January 1st. I want to lose weight but am most looking forward to seeing how whole foods will ease the aches and pains of arthritis as well as having more energy. I am looking at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Im preparing now. Can anyone recommend the best food processor for the recipes?

I also am grateful to have support here as I know it's not going to be easy not eating gluten, dairy, grains and wine! :) I love browsing the recipes...looking forward to where we will all be in just 30 days!

I'm starting on Jan. 1st. I'm worried about telling my parents (am in High School) because I'm afraid they'll say things like, "You don't need to go on a diet." But I do. I'm not overweight, but I'm at the higher end of the "Healthy" weight range for my height. I don't want to do the diet for my weight, but mainly in order to feel healthier. My family already tries to eat healthy, all organic food, lots of veggies and fruit, but you can slip sometimes-exspecially during the holidays. So I want to try and create a healthier life for me, but without my parents. Maybe I'll tell them, maybe I won't-your opinions?

I would tell them but don't use the word diet. Just explain that you want to start living a healthier lifestyle so you are going to be more selective about what you eat. Maybe state your reasons (to feel better, have more energy, clearer skin, etc). Explain what that looks like, so they are prepared, and ask them if you can count on them for support. Hopefully they will be proud of you for making this decision to take care of yourself better! :)

Hi all, I'm going to join you in here if you don't mind. I've decided to officially start today because I don't see the point in waiting. 

I completed a successful October w30 - well, I successfully complied but I wasn't mentally ready to stop - and as soon as it was over I went back to eating ALL THE THINGS. I've pretty much undone all my hard work over the last 2 months and been drinking a fair bit due to the silly season.

So here's to a new W30 and maybe a W60 if I need it! For some reason in October I found the first few weeks the easiest which made the whole thing easy but whenever I try to restart lately I'm finding it really hard!

I'm starting on the new year, too. Like a few others on this thread, this is my second W30. My husband and I did one last January and it was hard work, but I felt mentally and physically fantastic. It gave me some great insights, like I discovered an intolerance to gluten and dairy, but the biggest revelation was my MASSIVE sugar addiction - how did I live so long without realising that?!

I lurked in the forum last time, but I'm really keen to be a more active participant in this community this time - I love the support that's here, as well as the advice from the moderators.

Looking forward to this! Will the thread stay here, or shift to another after 1 Jan, by the way?

In for January as well!

I'm a first timer, to do the complete program. I dabbled with the program during my pregnancy when I had PUPPPS but didn't fully commit. Now I'm 9 months post-partum with 40 lbs to lose. My return to work is coming quickly and I need to improve my energy levels, and have well balanced healthy meals available for my family when I'm not there to cook. Doing a Whole30 with my husband will help instill good decision making when it comes to food, for both of us.

I've requested to join the Facebook group too.

I'm in.   2nd W30. Loved the first.  Looked and felt amazing! Need a holiday reset and to slay the sugar dragon... again... and  I'm recovering from surgery.  I can't workout 3 weeks so to compensate I thought a W30 would keep my body and spirit healthy.   I'm so happy there is such a great group of support for a Jan 1 start date!  

I'm starting on Jan. 1st. I'm worried about telling my parents (am in High School) because I'm afraid they'll say things like, "You don't need to go on a diet." But I do. I'm not overweight, but I'm at the higher end of the "Healthy" weight range for my height. I don't want to do the diet for my weight, but mainly in order to feel healthier. My family already tries to eat healthy, all organic food, lots of veggies and fruit, but you can slip sometimes-exspecially during the holidays. So I want to try and create a healthier life for me, but without my parents. Maybe I'll tell them, maybe I won't-your opinions? 

You'll probably have trouble if they don't know you're on the program. Be honest with them about your goals and why it's important to you and tell them you would really appreciate their support. I wouldn't frame it as a diet, but eating healthier and less processed food :) Offering to cook can sometimes be a good way to pick the groceries too. Make sure they know what you can't have, from your usual shopping/menu. Ask for their help if you need it. In case you need some inspiration, there's a few paleo teen bloggers out there: http://slimpalate.com

Hi Ginger, here! Starting Jan 1!

What are you doing to prepare? Thinking of how to turn family favorites into Whole30 for me-once I started doing it, it became easier and easier to do...

What questions, concerns, or anxieties do you have? Mostly, just managing while juggling kids and a new business, but I know it can be done!

What are you looking forward to? getting healthy, again!

Have you done a Whole30 in the past? No, but I have gone gluten free and it helps to have that knowledge.

Are you a newbie, like me? To Whole30!

Count me in. I am starting another Whole 30 beginning January 1. I have done 2 Whole30's in the past 1 1/2 years. Looking forward to starting another, in the company of all of you! My husband will be following it as well, and we are going to be working on the 9 factors as well.

I am a wife, mom of 5, a graduate school student, and I work. My issues center around having enough time to plan and prep food. I am looking forward to hearing the group's great ideas on how to incorporate these tasks into daily life!

Right after I eat my New Year traditional black-eyed peas, I'm in. My husband and I have been eating paleo for 4 months, slipping some over thanksgiving and Christmas. We both have lost a little weight and more importantly, feel great. When we first learned about whole30, we didn't think we could go so severe. Now, we think we can. Looking forward to support, supporting and learning, especially more new cooking and foods.

Archived