Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Hi everyone- count me in, though I plan to start tomorrow. :)

My name is Jenn. I'm a wife to a great guy, mom to two wonderful kiddos, and a worker bee as well. I completed my first Whole 30 in September. I was very happy with my results the first time around, lost 11 lbs, skin totally clear, more energy to tackle the hectic days, and overall a more positive attitude. It seems campy, but I really did feel amazing! I have continued with many of the positive changes that round 1 brought, but have let a few of the bad habits creep back in, particularly with the constant availability of goodies around the holidays. Needless to say, I'm done with the tasty but bad for me foods, and diving back in head first tomorrow. Just joined the FB group as well- looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Jenn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up on the Facebook page to start on Jan. 1st.   I'm reading the book and almost done - will admit I'm nervous - I'm super picky and eat what I crave so this will be a full retraining for me, but it is much needed health wise.    I'm excited to do something productive to begin taking back my health so this is step 1 for me.   I do worry that my lifestyle will make this a big challenge as  I work in daycare and when I transfer to the infant room my break will be at 9:30 a.m. so no down time for lunch (in the toddler room I eat lunch when the kids are napping) but I'm sure I'll figure something out .   Also 3 of my 4 kids are busy with sports - so I leave the house with them around 4pm some days and don't get home until about 10 pm. - so dinner is usually grab and go - but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Looking forward to getting started and very glad I'll have support as although my husband and kids try to support me they will not do the challenge with me so I'm pretty much on my own.

Karen

I am starting the Whole30 on January 1st! I have attempted it last fall, but was not prepared. This time around I have weekly meal plan sheets and grocery lists. I pencilled in two days for meal prep each week. I am very excited to start the year fresh and healthy! I need all the support I can get especially when we are on week 2 and 3! Anyone from Chicago in this feed??

I'm a newbie.  I plan on starting on the 1st.  I've read -a lot- and have started preparing my house.  I am very addicted to sugar!  I'm a little nervous about getting too busy to cook or letting myself get in a rut and just quitting.  I need this to be all it's cracked up to be!  I need this to work.  I'm tired of the roller coaster.  I just want to feel good.  :(

Hello  : )

I am starting my Whole 30 on January 1rst also ! I could really use the support . I did one in September and i felt so good while doing it but then as soon as i was done i started to slide right back into my old eating habits. This is what i am concerned about this time. I really want to stay in this lifestyle. It helped me so much while i was doing it. My family has a high rate of diabetes and i want to stay clear of that. Thank you for any help in advance. :)

Hi everyone.  I have been eating mostly paleo/primal for about two years, but have never done a Whole30.  January 1st seems like a good place to start.  I bought and read It Starts with Food when it was first published and revisited recently with the audiobook.  A sweep of the leftover holiday junk in the house, and I will be ready.

I am probably older than most of you (will turn 63 in March... ;) ) and am dealing with typical middle-aged stuff - insomnia, post menopausal weight gain, the like.  Would love to buddy up with someone going through the same.

Good luck to all!

I'm in! I am not doing anything differently, this is how I normally eat. Been doing this for 2 months, lost 30 pounds and several inches! Dumb me didn't measure until a few weeks ago, so I only have 2 measurements, but none of my clothes fit and I can feel a difference both physically and mentally. It was pretty tough the first few weeks as I used to eat lots of breads and cheeses (was not gluten free either) I still have a long way to go, would love to lose another 60+ lbs. Things are going well though, I joined for some support, I still get cravings for bad foods...I did really well over the holidays, which is a first for me! I was very proud of myself :) anyway...that's why I'm here! For support.

yes! I am planning to start January 1st. Well, I'm taking this week to plan and prepare. I did a whole 15 (cause I only lasted 15 days) almost 2 years ago. What got in my way was the woman I started seeing back then was vegan. So she ate lots of grains and beans and it was super hard for us to eat together. But..2 years later we are living together in our new house and she's super supportive around any healthy lifestyle changes. So I'm going to try again this year. And now she's gluten free so that will make some parts easier.

I plan my success with just that...planning. I will shop ahead for food and prepare what I can ahead of time. We all eat veggies so that part will be easy. She does quite a bit of the meal prep during the week so I will rely on her to help me follow the rules. We already only use the approved oils and fats. The kids and I will eat humanely raised local grass fed beef but probably very occasionally. I need to review the proteins but as I recall, anything with a face that was raised clean is edible. So, coming from VT I think I'll be ok.

The part I didn't avail myself last time was the support from the Whole 30 community. I think it will make a difference in my success because you all can help me when I run into quicksand. So, I'll try to be there for all of you if you will be there for me.

Adrien

I will be starting January 1 as well.  This will be my 3rd Whole 30 and although I follow a Paleo diet pretty strictly year round, the week of Christmas did see my succumbing to some homebaked temptations.  Looking forward to renewal.

This is my very first go!! I just ordered my book and it will be here Dec 31. I was recently separated and my weight soared along with my stress. I'm just so unhealthy right now so I'm very much looking forward to this!! But I will let you all know...support will be greatly needed and appreciated since I'm a carb/sugarholic

Hi Everyone!!

I am prepping to start a second round of Whole30 January 1st. I did a Whole30 back in October and lost 17lbs and 29 inches over my whole body. Since then the holidays have taken a toll on me and I am tired of feeling the way I do. I am looking to add exercise into my routine this go around. I plan on doing a mixture of cardio and strength training. Good Luck everyone!!

Tiffany

I'm starting Jan 1st :)

It was a serendipitous event when my new fiance and I were traveling on a train recently to the mountains of Colorado (lovely!) and met a wonderful woman starting Whole30 on 1/1/15. Seeing as we have a wedding to plan for now (and dresses/tuxedos to fit into!!) we decided it would be a great idea to join in the fun ;)

I actually found a Whole9 book from 2011 (when I attended a past CrossFit-type gym called Iron Tribe) and used it to jump start our program. I also bought the book, "It Starts With Food" and was pleasantly surprised to learn about all of the hormonal benefits and reductions of cravings provided by this way of eating.

To keep me accountable, I've also invited my mother to do this Whole30 with us (she lives in Atlanta, we live in Boulder) and we have been passing recipes and "coffee that tastes decent" suggestions for the past week.

I'm excited to start feeling better, my clothes to fit more comfortably and my cravings to NOT rule my life!!! I'm nervous about the "carb flu" and would love some suggestions as to best handle those cravings!

Thank you for such a lovely forum everyone, I will be checking back frequently for more tips and suggestions for success :)

Happy Healthy eating everyone!!! :D 

Hi, I'm looking forward to starting my first Whole30 on the 1st! My husband and I made an interstate move a few months ago, and our eating habits went out the window while all of that was going on. I'd like to stop feeling like a walking piece of greasy pizza and/or wear pants that don't have elastic waistbands again. I'm also a total food nerd, so I'm looking forward to trying some new recipe ideas and doing lots and lots of meal planning. My husband doesn't cook so he's along for the ride, although he is reluctant to give up beer. We'll see how that goes.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I am very anxious about not having half-and-half in my coffee every morning! I haven't drank black coffee in years. I might try making almond milk from scratch or just drinking tea instead. I work at home and tend to inhale meals in front of my computer, so I know, too, that it will be a real challenge for me to sit at the table and eat lunch.

Good luck everyone!

I completed my first W30 back in August & did really well staying fairly compliant & mostly paleo until recently when my peanut butter (& almond butter & sunbutter) addiction has completely taken over. I'm talking eating it straight out of the jar & sometimes as a meal. I lost 10lbs & gained the best muscle definition I've ever had & within the past month I've totally undone all that work. I'm ready to get back on track & looking for support to battle my nut butter addiction. Looking forward to doing this with all of you!!

Hi. 

I am planning to jump in on Jan 1st. Like many of you, this will be my first Whole 30 but I am determined to succeed at this. 

I need to get my health back in good shape. The doctor has diagnosed me with PCOS and whilst I don't necessarily agree with it (as I do not have the whole range of symptoms), I don't fully heartedly disagree with them. Given the link between sugar & PCOS and as someone with an exceptionally sweet tooth, the Whole 30 will be a good test to see how my body responds to 30 days of clean eating. 

I live in a regional town in Australia, so finding a support network here (besides my husband) will be tough, hence jumping on here. 

Looking forward to reading your progress/suggestions. I'm spending the next 4 nights developing a meal plan for the 1st week. We have visitors for NYE but we are having it at our place so I'm sure I can complete day 1 with no excuses! I've been looking at pinterest & downloaded ISWF in the last 24 hours. 

Best of luck

Paige

I started my first Whole30 today.  I was trying to ease into it but I finally just had to "suck it up buttercup" and cleaned out my pantry, fridge, freezer and cupboards this morning.  My mom is visiting for the holidays and she's doing it with me as is one of my coworkers.  I've found that having a strong meal plan, foods on hand, a slow cooker, a way to make smoothies (I know it's a no-no, but it's how I can get down spinach and kale - I can't get them down any other way) and my big lunch box that holds 5 meals in nice-sized containers sets me up for success.

Unfortunately I have to keep non-compliant foods in the house as my 11 year old stepson still wants to eat the "fun" foods his friends eat, but luckily I don't have a taste for those foods so they aren't the slightest bit tempting.

Looking forward to meeting you all and getting through this together!  My start date was today and my end date is the last day of January.  It's a countdown to 2/1!

Starting my next Whole30 January 1st. I have done one successful W30, and made a second attempt that I abandoned after only a few days. I'm 33 years old, a homeschooling mom of two boys. I suffer from chronic joint/muscle pain and headaches and poor quality sleep (among many other symptoms of poor health). During my first Whole30, those symptoms vanished. I felt SO GOOD! That is what I want to get back. I'm also about 40 lbs overweight. My only real concern about this round of W30 is my son's birthday mid-month. Usually we go out to dinner at the restaurant of that child's choosing. But I'll jump off that bridge when I get there. I'm excited to get started, and ready to start feeling better.

Archived