Starting December 7

CassieS

I'm starting my second Whole 30 tomorrow. I am equally excited and completely nervous to do this during the holidays. Last year I finished running a marathon in September (never again) and then gained a bunch of weight immediately after. This year I finished my first Whole 30 in September (which changed my life) but have struggled with the sugar dragon since. I know that it will be very hard to do this during the holidays. But I am choosing to have a better December than last year. I don't want to eat my way through December and "start again" January 1. Eventually, I want this way of eating to be my life. So I decided to tell myself to suck it up, put on my big girl panties, and eat healthy through the holidays. I am really just posting on here because the last time I did a Whole 30, what actually kept me going was telling myself that I made a committment to something and that means that I see it through no matter what. I am a therapist and I always tell my clients, "Your word is everything, and if you make a committment to something, then you see it through..no matter how hard it is." So that is what I am doing.

I am really just posting on here because the last time I did a Whole 30, what actually kept me going was telling myself that I made a committment to something and that means that I see it through no matter what. I am a therapist and I always tell my clients, "Your word is everything, and if you make a committment to something, then you see it through..no matter how hard it is." So that is what I am doing.

On a related note, a quote that's stuck with me over the years (paraphrase) is, "If you can't even keep a promise to yourself, why would anyone trust you to keep a promise to them?"

Archived