Beware grilled mushrooms

Andreabgm

I recently chose to eat lunch at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  Before we went I checked the ingredient list online.  Burgers, good.  Grilled onions, good.  Grilled peppers, good.  Everything cooked with no oil on the grill.  But then I thought to look at grilled mushrooms.  Isn't a mushroom just a mushroom?  Apparently not.  Here is the listing for mushrooms.  Just sayin.......

Mushrooms, Water, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate,

Potassium Sorbate. [sautéed on grill]

Cheap, low quality food + sugar = food we'll eat quantities of without question.

Look for hidden sugar in everything in restaurants and on most grocery store shelves.  (Same with soy, by the way.)

This kind of discovery is one of the bigger parts of the Whole30 experience, and I have to say, as long as I've been at this (two years now) it's never pleasant.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who missed it in another thread, they're even putting imitation meat in cat food now  :blink:  Cats know what real meat is lol rampant stupidity!

I write (polite) letters to chains and let them know I won't buy X menu items until they change the ingredients. Front line staff usually can't do much, but menu feedback often goes to the Marketing department.

Archived