AmyJ's Whole30 Journey - Beginning December 8, 2014

AmyJanette

Thanks, Augie!  It is yet another thing that I will have to talk to my doctor about when I go see him.  I talked to my Mom, and I asked if she had ever heard of histamine intolerance (she works in a hospital) and she kind of paused, then said, "Well, isn't that what you have???"  So I'm thinking somewhere along the way it may have been brought up to my mother when I was little and somehow got lost along the way (I had a billion health problems growing up).  So, I will ask my doc to investigate, and just tell him my Mom thought I had already been diagnosed, but it was news to me and I would like to be sure.

Sooo...DAY 30 TODAY!  I did it, with NOT A SINGLE CHEAT!!!  

So, I guess I will do my measurements and stuff tomorrow.  I know I have lost inches (and I mean INCHES) off my waist, and I have been measuring my blood sugar (as I am prediabetic) so I know that has been going down consistently.  Actually, the other day when I took my fasting blood glucose, it was about the best anyone could have.  Though today it was a bit high, so not sure exactly what that was about, but it's the first day since the first week it's been highish. 

So...Breakfast today is a red pepper, a tomato, some sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon, and a leftover chicken breast - so all the high histamine foods.  We'll see if it has an effect.  Of course, I have been diagnosed with cold urticaria, and we're in the midst of a cold snap up here, so it could be attributable to either if I do have a reaction of some sort.  I guess testing is the only way to really know for sure.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! You conquered so much this month! I'm amazed that you were able to quit smoking on top of the whole 30! And while not feeling well!

I really hope you get better soon! Just FYI my doc told me there isn't really a reliable test for diagnosing histamine intolerance. He just had me go on a low histamine diet and my symptoms (earache, migraine, burning and watery eyes, and hives on my stomach and legs) went away after a few days. So if your doc, or your mom, knows of a test let me know. I would be really interested to have it done if there is one.

Your doc is likely right...I have been reading up on the DAO test, but you have to be eating a large amount of histamine for it to work.  I think if the low histamine diet is working for you, that should be diagnostic in itself.

So, today is Day 31!

Drumroll, please!

10.5 lbs lost
5 inches lost...all from my waist!!

Blood sugar this morning - much improved! :) (For those who understand the numbers - when I started, my blood sugar was 8.6...this morning it is 5.7.  After the first couple days when it was readjusting, my blood sugar has stayed below 7 all the time, and below six most of the time when I've tested it.)

Skin: I think it's clearer, but I started using this skin brush thing and it has caused a major breakout, but before that my skin cleared right up.

Mood: Has changed somewhat over the last week...more stressed, more grumpy...but I think it's due to the itching/swelling/hivey reaction I'm having, whatever the cause.  Before that, I was extremely relaxed, content, and the least stressed I've been in a very long time.

I will be reintroducing dairy first, starting with a glass of milk, and cheese on my omelette. And I will be switching to the post-Whole 30 log area! :)

Archived