2nd Whole 30 (actually Whole 42) starting today

leigh

Hey all,

So hubby and I are starting our second whole 30 today.  We did our first one from September-October and then totally failed the reintroduction plan and went back to our bad old eating habits even though they made us feel awful.  We decided we much prefer how we felt on whole 30 even with its inconveniences.  So here we are starting today for 6 weeks.  Figured that we saw most of our results in the last week so if we can keep it up a few weeks past that then all the better!  (as a side note: its HUGE that my hubby is proactively on board for this - "diet" is a bad word in his vocab and after whole 30 he said it was the first time in his life that he felt like he may be able to control or affect his health/appearance.  big win!)

Anyhow - i wasn't sure where to post this but I thought I'd like to hear how anyone else reacted to a second whole 30 or doing a whole 60 or something longer then the normal 30 day cycle?  I'm wondering if our detox will be shorter or what will be harder this time through?  I'm secretly hoping that we get to the good stuff faster - the sleeping better, a shorter detox, higher energy (and maybe weight loss earlier? i know i know - its not about weight loss but thats a thing that I need and it helps me if i'm moving in the right direction).  Any experience with this?

Hi Leigh - I am on day 34 of my first whole30 and am planning to stay on the program for a little longer.  I am contemplating a whole 60.  A few of us from the November group are hoping to find a way to continue supporting each other on the journey - maybe this board will work?

Archived