How often should I eat on Whole30

nix136

Hi all,

I have just started the Whole30 challenge.

Please advise me how often should I eat? Is it the standard 3 meals a day? 3 meals & 2 snacks in between or whenever I am feeling hungry?

Looking forward to responses.

Thanks

Nicole.

Welcome Nicole!

The idea is to create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours, following the recommended meal template, which equates to 3 meals a day.

Until you get to that place, if you are genuinely hungry in between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the guidance is to have a mini-meal containing protein, vegetable and fat.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it against the rules to have something in between meals ? I ate some raspberries a few hours after dinner. I understand the point of changing habits and not eating at off times, but I do like the tast of fresh fruit.

It's not against the rules. However, the recommendation would be to enjoy your fruit with your meal vs. have it hours later. If you're hungry a couple hours after eating, the recommendation is to have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat. Also, look to create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Good point. I think it's a lesson in breaking habits. I ate because of wanting taste rather than being hungry. Plus, they would have gone well with my salmon and tabouli!

What was in your tabouli? If it contained any grains, it would not be compliant on a Whole30.

Archived