Always hungry

I'm eating more than I did before starting my Whole30 (I'm on day 7) but I'm always hungry. I feel satiated after I eat and I make sure my meals are well rounded- usually about 4 oz of meat or 3 eggs plus 2 or more veggies plus fat (coconut oil, olive oil, ghee), yet an hour after every meal my stomach feels empty and I have to eat something.

I ate fairly healthy before starting my Whole30. Weston A. Price type diet minus the gluten grains. Normally I never snack, yet I find myself reaching for nuts or fruit a few times a day.

I'm afraid I'm going to put on weight.

I am nursing a 4 month.

A typical day looks like this:

B- 3 eggs and some sweet potato cooked in ghee or coconut oil with greens

L- Homemade chicken stock with garlic and greens, salad with sliced chicken, veggies, avocado and dressing made with sunflower butter, coconut aminos and a bit of toasted sesame oil

S- strawberries and a handful of macadamia nuts

D- Fried eggplant layered with zucchini, beef tomato sauce and onions, broccoli with ghee

S- 2 brazil nuts, an apple with almond butter

Other than my extreme hunger the only other negative is some acne I'm experiencing. I feel really good. I'm sleeping better, my moods seem much more stable and I have a slight increase in energy (with three kids any little bit of that helps!)

Is there anything I can do to my diet to help me feel fuller, longer?

You could try adding in a little more starchy carbohydrate and see if that helps, but you may just need to increase your total intake (maybe add a morning snack) since you're making energy for two. Whenever you can, opt for more protein, too. Have about 4 oz (at least) at every meal, more if you still feel hungry.

Just my two cents

Archived