hair loss/thinning

I've noticed my hair has been falling out/thinning quite a lot. I'm currently doing a whole30, but are there any supplements I could take to help boost results?

are you eating enough? Supplement with fat and protein. Go to your doctor and get your thyroid levels checked (full panel), maybe sex hormones too. Check levels of D, zinc and iron, because deficiencies in those can cause hair loss, but you shouldn't supplement them unless you know your levels are low (too much causes issues. It could be lots of things).

After that, maybe biotin (this is a form of B vitamin, so you will flush out what you don't need)? GLA (from evening primrose oil or black current oil)? but honestly mostly make sure you are eating enough and hormones are in a good place. Take this as a sign that there is something systemic you need to investigate, not a single symptom you can fix with a supplement.

But....aren't you dealing with some health issues right now? It could just be a part of the stress of illness/injury/healing. Don't panic, treat yourself gently and give it time.

• 4 weeks later...

I was suffering from hair fall too. I am taking Biotin tablets and drinking green vegetable juices. Also, I have changed my daily routine, now I'm doing Meditation and a form of exercise called "Yoga". I've succeeded in reducing the falling of my hair by 95% just by doing so. :D

• Administrators

I was suffering from hair fall too. I am taking Biotin tablets and drinking green vegetable juices. Also, I have changed my daily routine, now I'm doing Meditation and a form of exercise called "Yoga". I've succeeded in reducing the falling of my hair by 95% just by doing so. :D

Drinking juices is not recommended on the Whole30, we want you to eat those veggies, not drink them. :)

The supplements you can use with whole30 are Minoxidil or Biotin. These are best medical treatment to stop Hair loss problem and increase hair growth. These medicines are recommended by best doctors of the world. These medicines are approved by FDA medical association of US government. Many non-surgical treatments are also available in the market such as PRP, SMP, Meso-therapy and Low Laser Therapy. Low Laser Therapy is best among others.Now choice is yours. But don't take it without doctor prescription. Because it can cause skin problem if you any of these medicine in acess.

• 2 months later...

Drinking juices is not recommended on the Whole30, we want you to eat those veggies, not drink them. :)

Just a little doubt here, is blending is okay in Whole30 diet? I mean, we are having the whole thing, unlike in the case of juicing where we just throw away the fiber.

Juicing with or without the pulp doesn't really do much for hair loss/thinning.  An individual needs to eat quality proteins such as wild caught salmon (not farmed), trout and other fishes,  GFBeef,  wild game and fowl, bison, eggs and so forth.  Hair is made out of a protein, keratin.....juices and smoothies do very little for the hair/bones, teeth.

Smoothies do not contribute to satiety.   Hemp smoothies are out.  Smoothies and other convenience style foods in wrappers do little to break the cycles of binge eating, thrill eating or other food problems.  They are very easy but do not help the body with intuitive eating...knowing where the shut-off valve is.   You can drink all of your day's natural sugars in big gulps and be starving 1/2 - 1 hour later.   "I can't get no satisfaction" out of tall glasses of greens and fruits.   Do this for years and there will be a food reckoning.

An individual may be able to lose 12 lbs in 10 days with aloe, engineered denatured protein powders from a lab,  green powders and fruit powders...but if they leave you hungry and always on the edge of discomfort - no satiety - a food reckoning will hit the individual straight out of the clear blue sky.

This individual may fall back into bowls of pastas, breads, pizzas, burgers and fries, pints of the good full fat ice creams, brownies, boatloads of potato chips and cheetos, fried chicken and mashed potatoes.  A individual who drinks their meals will become crazy pants at the sight of bakery goods in the case or from aromas from all of the drive-thrus.    

There are many who struggle with eating real whole foods and  still dream at night about said foods. Drinking their meals just puts them that much further in the hole.   The only way to break free of the endless loop of thrill eating or binge cycles is to eat real whole foods all of the time until the body,  mind and soul knows you're no longer going to over-restrict with all of the various forms of dieting that man has created.   Nature know best.   True healing comes from real foods.

People ask us about smoothies in our workshops and in our everyday consulting all the time. The media will have you believe that starting your day with a big tall glass of liquid food is the epitome of health. However, we tend to disagree.

In this episode of S&STV, we discuss the research around consuming sweet foods in liquid form, why we don’t recommend smoothies to our clients.

https://youtu.be/5lYWrgJMk1o

You can also check out these links for more on this topic:

Robin Strathdee

Whole9 Director of Communications

•  
  • Administrators
  • w9team.png
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Missouri

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

'Night_Bear', on 01 Mar 2013 - 2:24 PM, said:snapback.png

Good idea. Also check out Vega Recovery Accelerator. Although its main source of protein is brown rice, you're not eating it of course. Plus it has other vital nutrients like carbohydrates. Vega's products, even though not necessarily Paelo, are very clean. For a diet rich in animal protein, I think having a clean plant-based supplement is a good balance. On that note, if you do want a protein with more kick and a greater share of BCAA's, go with 3 Fuel.

While a W30 food picture IS rich in animal protein, it is also (by design) very rich in plant products. We don't know that a protein powder is ever necessary, and it's definitely not appropriate in the context of a Whole30.

Archived