Starting January 5th! Who wants to start with me? :)

Seattleram

A new month, a new year, and a new week! January 5th is my decided start date :) 

This is my first time doing the Whole30 and I am researching up a storm. I have given myself a few weeks to help clear my pantry, set up a routine exercise time 3-5 times a week, etc. I'm even using my local library (which I have never been to before) to check out Paleo cookbooks.

I have anxiety and depression issues that I feel are greatly attributed to my diet. I really want to get healthy and see if what I eat will effect my mood as well as keep my body happy.

Want an accountabilibuddy? Choose me! Choose me! :D Let's help each other! Anyone interested?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I just joined the site today. I have been thinking about doing a whole30 for a few weeks now and have also picked January 5th as my start date.

I did the 21 day sugar detox in May, and felt great, but since then I have had periods of super healthy eating, then not so much. I am mostly gluten free now, but sugar has crept back in too often. My main reason for doing whole30 is to break that 'need' for my nightly snack of dark chocolate or popcorn. Etc.

I will also be trying to keep my family on the same train... I have 2 boys, 7 and 5 in January. And a husband who doesn't eat many vegetables. Lol.

Anyway... Looking forward to it, getting myself prepared.

-Kim

I am also starting January 5th.  Just bought the book and am reading it and getting educated so I can commit to 30 days.  I am moving to Seattle area soon and excited to be making healthy changes in 2015 and hopefully see some improvement in my autoimmune disorder.

This site and forum look great and I look forward to reading the information here.

Thanks,

Wendy

My husband and I will also be starting Jan 5th but I honestly can't wait to get the holidays over with because they are killing me. A friend of mine turned me on to this whole concept earlier in the year and she has been pretty sucessful and is starting another round in Jan as well. So after lots of ho-humming around I decided I was going to give it a whirl because my eating habits and life style have gotten too far out of control. It took quite a bit of convincing to get my husband on board because of all the restrictions but he said he would try hard to support me and work with me through this experience. So we decided Dec was a free-for-all of sorts and, shew! It's actually very difficult to consume all the pleasurable foods in a short time frame. So after Christmas we're going to start cutting back so when Jan 5th rolls around we won't go into shock. This is the largest undertaking either of us has embarked on and well...it's just time. So good luck to everyone especially to all of us newbies and hope to see and hear good results.

I'm starting on the 5th as well. I could start on the 2nd, but I want the weekend to shop/cook/prepare because I'm not going to have any time before then.

I did a successful 30 last March. Got about 2/3 of the way through a second go-round in July, but the sugar dragon got the better of me. I'm going into this one trying to re-work my relationship with food - I veer into sugar junkie territory if I am not careful.

What has changed since my last attempt? I'm working out regularly (mostly early AM before work) - which is going to work for and against me I'm sure. My depression and anxiety are also better controlled right now, I'm hoping that helps.

About me: by nature, I'm an all-or-nothing kind of person, so I have found that I really connect with the restrictiveness of the plan - meaning that I don't do moderation very well. The idea that yes/no questions require far less active thought than maybe/how much/sometimes really resonates for me. I also work full-time and live alone, so finding time-savers is a huge thing for me (cooking in bulk and freezing in individual portions, for example).

I'm in too. It will be my 2nd W30. Finished the first a couple of weeks ago and off-roading has been too unstructured, not going so well.

So I'll begin again on Monday, January 5th. My first go-round was challenging but I felt fantastic. It definitely got easier as time went on.

Might make this one a W60. Looking forward to the support here!

Hi all! I'm starting my first Whole30 on January 1st, but plan to go until February 5th (friends are coming to town that weekend, so I know I'll go off plan and have a cocktail or 2) and then start my second Whole30 on February 9th.  I'd love to have a group to hold me accountable and get advice from!  Good luck and happy holidays!  :)

Hi Everyone.  Very keen to start another Whole30 on the 5th.  Completed a Whole 30 a long...long time ago and felt amazing.  Been doing ok, except for the past few months.  My hubby goes back to work on the 5th so it will be a good time for me to start!

Feeling terrible at the moment with all of the Christmas and New Year over indulgences :(    

Need to keep on track and accountable!  

See you all again in a week and a bit :)

A new month, a new year, and a new week! January 5th is my decided start date :)

This is my first time doing the Whole30 and I am researching up a storm. I have given myself a few weeks to help clear my pantry, set up a routine exercise time 3-5 times a week, etc. I'm even using my local library (which I have never been to before) to check out Paleo cookbooks.

I have anxiety and depression issues that I feel are greatly attributed to my diet. I really want to get healthy and see if what I eat will effect my mood as well as keep my body happy.

Want an accountabilibuddy? Choose me! Choose me! :D Let's help each other! Anyone interested?

There are some great online resources available as well.  Clothes make the girl is an excellent blog with wonderful resources - http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/ , as is Nom Nom paleo - http://nomnompaleo.com/

One of the main reasons I want to do another whole30 is that I am also prone to depression and over the past few weeks, I can feel the black dog nipping at my heals again.  I know that this has a LOT to do with the crappy food I have been eating over the past month.   When I did my 1st Whole 30, the biggest benefit was to the way I felt mentally.  I felt AMAZING :)   :) 

I am located in Australia

I am in starting January 5th. I'm a little nervous about the commitment. Been mostly Paleo since May 2014 but not super strict. I am hoping for some increased energy, health and weight loss. So glad there will be others who are on the same journey!

I am also starting my first Whole30 January 5th!! I cannot wait, I have really let myself go the past couple of months with overindulgences in eating and drinking! And lately with the holidays it's gotten worse, drinking every night and eating way too much rich food! I'm not sleeping well, skin is itchy, pants too tight and just feel blah!!! Ready for this change, I just wish my husband was on board!!! I will need support to get through this but vow to myself I WILL see this through!!!! No quitting !!!

I am also starting my first Whole30 January 5th!! I cannot wait, I have really let myself go the past couple of months with overindulgences in eating and drinking! And lately with the holidays it's gotten worse, drinking every night and eating way too much rich food! I'm not sleeping well, skin is itchy, pants too tight and just feel blah!!! Ready for this change, I just wish my husband was on board!!! I will need support to get through this but vow to myself I WILL see this through!!!! No quitting !!!

I feel your pain and can totaly relate. How are you going to do it without your husband being on board? I can't imagine how tough that will be. I can't say my husband will stick with it 100% but if he can at least support me through meal times we have together, that's really what I need. Good luck.

Lauren1977 - I am also starting on January 5. I did another Paleo program a few months ago and my husband didn't sign up to participate but I did find that many of the recipes I made he loved! I just didn't call them Paleo. So you may find he will be on board without even knowing it! Good luck.

First timer starting on jan 5th. I'm super excited, yet terrified as it I will probably be on my own in my house and I looooooooove sugar! I ate paleo before thanksgiving and could tell a difference. Then I started eating junk again and became addicted to sugar again. Sigh. Looking to commit to a full 30 days of healthy meals and healthy habits:)

I'll be doing my 2nd Whole 30 January 5 and I can't wait! My first was in September and after I continued to eat 90% Whole 30 up until mid December. First timers, I had zero cravings during and after my w30, and I'm sure you will too! Best of luck to everyone! I'm a baker at Panera, and if I can do it, so can you!

I will be starting my first Whole30 on January 5, and I'm both nervous and excited! I'm determined to break myself of my sugar addiction, and to get back to a place where my cravings don't control what I eat. I have a pretty regimented workout routine, but nutrition has always been where I slack off. I know that if I get my eating habits under control, I will feel better than I ever have. I'm also hoping that this will help my husband with his many health issues. He is planning to join me, but he always seems to lose interest quickly. I'm hoping that with the support of each other and the thousands of others taking on this challenge, we will both be successful this time!

I spoke too soon - I'm super excited to get started but I have a huge business trip in Phoenix (I live in NYC) coming up on Jan 8-12 and I'm taking a red-eye there and back...so after doing more research, I'm going to spend the week I'm back in NYC prepping, go on my trip (I'll be working all 5 days so a huge change in diet will probably be too overwhelming), and come back and start! Good luck to all of you starting Jan 5th!

Hi everyone, I'm starting my second Whole30 on Jan 5th.  I did my first one back in June and it went surprisingly well, considering my love of sugar and chocolate.  :unsure:   For me, the most important thing was the food prep every week and having lots of meal choices, including snacks, ready to eat. I'm curious about the addition of white potatoes this time around and look forward to being able to integrate those along with all the sweet potatoes I ate before!

I'll also be posting on instagram as @heidilc717 so feel free to follow me if you'd like.  Also, be sure to follow @whole30 there, as well as @whole30recipes for lots and lots of really yummy recipes.  That's where I got a lot of mine last time.

Good luck everyone!

Archived