Starting January 5th! Who wants to start with me? :)

Seattleram

Day 31!!!!! I got on the scale this morning....I have an aria scale, so it recognizes you from last time...it thought I was a guest! Maybe because I hadn't been on it in a month, maybe because I was 10.8 pounds lighter!!! I'm not sure which...one thing it does is also measure body fat, by sending electric singals through the body...I was surprised mine hadn't changed much :( but I am continuing on with my Whole30 for several reasons, and now won't weigh myself again until after the next 15 days...we shall see.

Reasons I'm continuing include:

1. I want to deal with some FWB foods and get to the point where I can have them in the house and use them as a condiment--Cashews.  I almost got there this week, but last night I realized I was munching while cooking. :(

2. I want to start running again in my workout routine, and see how I can incorporate my pre-wo meal better into my workout schedule....one problem I have with this is that I have to take my synthroid an hour before I eat, which usually means I take it when I get up, then go work out, then by the time I'm done, I can eat...I can't figure out when I need to work my synthroid in- maybe at bedtime, but it has to be 3 hours AFTER you eat if you take it after.

3. I would like to see more of the results I've been noticing this past week- better sleep, more consistently solid workouts  have just started happening for me

Ok, perhaps I'll see some of you on the other thread I started for those of us who want to continue, but if I don't, it sure has been fun being in here with everyone!! 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm officially 5 lbs down from my starting point, which is great considering I'm 4' 11",  I've been losing weight steadily since last May and I'm only 5 more lbs from my "goal weight" at this point. 

I was planning to start my re-introduction by only having small amounts of added sugar, but then my neighbor dropped off a banana cream pie to my house last night! Banana cream pie is my kryptonite! I didn't want to re-introduce dairy yet but I really, really want to take a bite (minus the crust of course) of this pie before my husband sweeps it out of here and takes it to work with him!

This is my day 30 of my second whole 30!!!!

Had a great night lifting weights last night and threw up some pretty awesome numbers (2 sets of 10 leg press with 600 pounds!) and working some serious hammer curls (3 sets of 10 with 25 pounds).... YAY!!!

I am more lean and alot more people noticed at the gym yesterday... even my trainer was like, clean eating is working for you!!!!

congrats to everyone for making it your 30 days!!!

Weighed today - down six pounds (I'm only 5'2", so that's a reasonable amount). I'm within 5-15 pounds of goal (not sure what goal is....I'll know it when I feel right in my skin again, but I'm not going to assume it's some arbitrary weight that I was at some point in the past).

I wanted to do a whole60, but travel is going to make that impossible, but I'm starting another on 2/23 - with a more focused goal next time. I think I'll start a thread in the troubleshooting section about the challenges I had with this one, and maybe get some input on how to move forward.

Congratulations, everyone. No matter your results, if you got through it than you've accomplished something huge.

Hooray for everyone!

I didn't enjoy my second Whole30 go around as much as I did the first, but I'm still proud of myself for making it through to the end. I got on the scale this morning and was down 15 pounds!

I'm planning on giving myself a break over the next few days with food and then lock it back down come Monday. I've been fighting some stomach issues for about a week now, which didn't happen during my first Whole30 and I want to see if I can get those resolved. Anyone else have this problem toward the end?

So proud of all of you here. I haven't posted a lot, but I have checked in most days and it's amazing to see how the group transforms during the 30 days.

Congrats again! High fives all around.

Megan

Well gang it's definitely a milestone.  My first Whole 30.  Wow!  I learned a ton about me and my relationship with food.  The Whole 30 has awakened a creative spirit in me and what I cook.  I didn't know I was in such a rut.  I have reinvented my entire menu and I love it!  My wife loves it, and last night my 17 year old son was over the moon for the Whole 30 bibimbop I made.  To celebrate the completion of this leg of my journey I purchased a new 6" chef knife.  Whoa!  a new uber sharp knife has kicked up my chopping game to the next level.  

I am not craving any non W30 foods, so I'm not going to eat them.  

I saw my mom this weekend and she was shocked by my transformation.  I'm down 14 lbs and I guess it really shows.  She was so pumped about it that she agreed to start a Whole 30 beginning 2/9/15.  My sister and I are going to be helping her with cooking and recipes.  Whole 30 bringing a family together around healthy eating and good health?  Say it ain't so!

Congratulations to all my fellow Jan 5 starters!  This has been a changing experience for me.  I'm looking forward to reading about your experience and going forward healthier and happier. 

Congratulations, everyone!  

I was disappointed in my weight loss, 7.7 pounds, but I did not work out the way I should have.  I am feeling less achy and have been sleeping better, though, and my clothes do fit better.  I am going to continue for another 15 days and focus more on exercise than I did on the last 30.

Here is to bringing the best of your whole30 with you in your everyday life!  Cheers!

Congrats everyone for making it through!

I am so happy that I was able to stick it out through the headaches and temptations.  On my first day I wrote out my complaints from my MS symptoms to just feeling crummy:

- Scalp pain, crown to forehead - This is gone

- tired eyes - they no longer have that heavy feeling

- inner thighs numb - still slightly numb at times, but a definite improvement

- right foot/calf numb - once again, still slightly numb, but improved to the point where it isn't always noticeable

- right forearm numb - no numbness at all

- bloated - oh thank goodness my hands and belly are no longer stretched out! My rings are able to move freely on my fingers and my pants are fitting much better!

- headaches - vastly improved.  I've still had a few, but not the regular/daily headaches as before.

- trouble falling asleep - I can usually fall asleep within 15 minutes or so from going to bed and I sleep solid until morning.  I still have trouble getting my butt out of bed in the morning, but I really love sleeping :)

I "only" lost 5 lbs, but I am taking that in stride, my body doesn't like to give-up weight, so slow and steady is better than nothing! Keep moving forward.

I am going to stick with the plan till 45 days before taking any breaks, as I would like to see if I can see some better results.  At that point I am still not planning on introducing gluten/grains to my diet and I really do want to properly test out dairy, as I would like cream for my tea.

Good work everyone!  Thanks for the support!

Congrats everyone for making it through!

I am so happy that I was able to stick it out through the headaches and temptations.  On my first day I wrote out my complaints from my MS symptoms to just feeling crummy:

- Scalp pain, crown to forehead - This is gone

- tired eyes - they no longer have that heavy feeling

- inner thighs numb - still slightly numb at times, but a definite improvement

- right foot/calf numb - once again, still slightly numb, but improved to the point where it isn't always noticeable

- right forearm numb - no numbness at all

- bloated - oh thank goodness my hands and belly are no longer stretched out! My rings are able to move freely on my fingers and my pants are fitting much better!

- headaches - vastly improved.  I've still had a few, but not the regular/daily headaches as before.

- trouble falling asleep - I can usually fall asleep within 15 minutes or so from going to bed and I sleep solid until morning.  I still have trouble getting my butt out of bed in the morning, but I really love sleeping :)

I "only" lost 5 lbs, but I am taking that in stride, my body doesn't like to give-up weight, so slow and steady is better than nothing! Keep moving forward.

I am going to stick with the plan till 45 days before taking any breaks, as I would like to see if I can see some better results.  At that point I am still not planning on introducing gluten/grains to my diet and I really do want to properly test out dairy, as I would like cream for my tea.

Good work everyone!  Thanks for the support!

Wow!!! Congratulations to you-- what an improvement in some of your symptoms! I bet you're really pleased :) way to go!

Regarding introducing gluten/grains to your diet, have you tried sprouted grains (ezekiel bread) stuff before w/o the gluten? I am looking forward to bringing those back into my life a few times a week, because I didn't have the bloating from those that I do from gluten grains -- just curious if that is something you might try or not... :) 

Congratulations to everyone!! We made it!!!

I am down almost 14 lbs. Wish it was more but I will take it!! I feel like a new woman! Sleeping better, thinking clearer and more energy!

I plan to continue on. I am not ready to add any of the foods I have omitted.  I hope to hear more from all of you and your results!!

Take Care

Shannonmommy

Wow!!! Congratulations to you-- what an improvement in some of your symptoms! I bet you're really pleased :) way to go!

Regarding introducing gluten/grains to your diet, have you tried sprouted grains (ezekiel bread) stuff before w/o the gluten? I am looking forward to bringing those back into my life a few times a week, because I didn't have the bloating from those that I do from gluten grains -- just curious if that is something you might try or not... :)

Thanks!

I hadn't really thought about it.  I've been off of bread/sandwiches for quite a while so it's not something I'm really interested in.  It's the cinnamon buns and pizza crust that gets me, and Ezekiel cinnamon buns just wouldn't cut it.  ;)  I guess if I'm really just wanting bread for easy meals during camping season I may try it out eventually.  The other side of this is, from what I have read, the MS protocol from Dr. Terry Whals is to not have any grains, so I'm thinking this may be out anyhow, more research is needed.

my second whole 30 is done!!!

Feeling pretty good... had lots of gym successes and wearing some clothes I hadn't worn in some time. Also finally weighed myself for the first time since my the end of my last whole  30 and since 10/28/2014 I am down 21 pounds! My activity level hasn't changed, so i know that it was all in the food I was eating. Just keep planning on eating pretty clean, but looking forward to making good choices and not being controlled by my cravings. 

Archived