Starting January 5th! Who wants to start with me? :)

Seattleram

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in as well.  I am thebestmeicanbe's sister!  I have tried most of the low carb/no carb diets, calorie counted, and even the terrible HCG(2x)

I am looking forward to having a support team.  I do not do social media(NO facebook, instagram, blah blah)

I exercise regularly, and am happy I can do pwo.  I will need the extra energy. I have read some posts about the dreaded 3-5day mark.

I agree.  Its a detox for my body.  I feel crabby(times 10!!), and lethargic.  But I will prevail:)   Looking forward to this adventure of true happy and

healthiness for our bodies.

Let's do this dance 1/05/15!

As I am still reading through the book I hope to be able to start on January 5th and definitely need and am ready to give support! I have a chronic illness and have been afflicted with every germ and respiratory infection that has crossed my path since September. I am so ready for a change!

I am also thinking about starting on the 5th but I might try to be ready by the new moon on the 4th.  This is my second run at this.  The first one was a few months ago and the picture of me was taken at the end of the 30 days.  I can tell the diffenance after not eating as clean for the past few months my face in the picture looks much happier and healthy compared to now.   

I am so excited to start another Whole 30 that might just turn into 60 0r 90 because 30 days wasn't enough for me to change my bad habits.

Here is a link from the Whole30 Facebook page.  It's a menu with one weeks food plan and shopping list.  So grocery shopping on Saturday and cooking on Sunday.  http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/

One thing I learned is how important the planning is and having the kitchen stocked with lots of available food.  

I look forward to hearing from everyone

Cyndi Lou from Austin Texas

I'm wanting to start January 5th as well. It'll be my first time on the Whole30. I've been fairly active my whole life but in the last year I stopped working out and just ate whatever I wanted. I gained almost 25 pounds - crazy! I feel so horrible and lethargic. I'm really desiring to get healthier and have more energy. I'm excited to see what will happen but also SUPER nervous! I'd love an accountability partner!

I am in for a Jan 6th start. I finished my first whole 30 in November and had 2 previous attempts with no success. I did stray a bit off the path during the month of Dec (a few meals here and there) and always felt my best when I returned to the Whole 30 style. I can honestly say I am not really missing the grains or legumes, and I only get a little twinge of sadness over the dairy and sugar... I am looking forward to resetting myself and getting my tiger blood back RAWR!

Hi gang,

I'm in for Jan 5 for what will be my 4th Whole30.  I didn't really intend when I started in June to do so many W30's in close succession, and know that's really not the intent of the program, but I kept finding I felt so much better with the structure of the program, I wanted to keep going.  With this round, I may do something longer, a Whole60 or even 90, to best instill new habits and routines.  And I need to be much better about reintros.

I was going to start today (Happy New Year!) but need a little more time to shop and prep so I can get this thing going properly!

I have found these online forums really helpful and was with an amazing group for my first W30.  And I got a good vibe from this group:  not too big, not too small, a nice bit of humor and irreverence, and btw, hello from another PNWer!  (I live outside of Portland.)

I'll do more of an intro later but am headed off to work now.  In the meantime, do some good prep and meal planning, all.  We got this!

Hi gang,

I'm in for Jan 5 for what will be my 4th Whole30.  I didn't really intend when I started in June to do so many W30's in close succession, and know that's really not the intent of the program, but I kept finding I felt so much better with the structure of the program, I wanted to keep going.  With this round, I may do something longer, a Whole60 or even 90, to best instill new habits and routines.  And I need to be much better about reintros.

I was going to start today (Happy New Year!) but need a little more time to shop and prep so I can get this thing going properly!

I have found these online forums really helpful and was with an amazing group for my first W30.  And I got a good vibe from this group:  not too big, not too small, a nice bit of humor and irreverence, and btw, hello from another PNWer!  (I live outside of Portland.)

I'll do more of an intro later but am headed off to work now.  In the meantime, do some good prep and meal planning, all.  We got this!

This is my second one and I hope to do 60 or 90 days as well for the same reasons.  My first one started mid September and I went back to bad habits to quickly  .http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/  I found this link on the Whole30 Facebook page and decide to shop on Saturday and cook on Sunday so I'm ready for the week.  

January 5th is my start date. It's got to be a Monday for me. I am an all or nothing type person. I'm either spot on with my eating or way on the other end of the spectrum. That's my life….gain and lose the same 10 pounds over and over. The problem now is that I am getting older and it is getting harder to lose those 10 pounds. Ugh!! 

I'm starting on the 5th.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Long story short - I have struggled with my weight for the last 17 years.  So almost half of my life.  It's controlled me at times.  3 years ago I lost 50lbs over the course of a year, but have slowly gained it all back over the last 2.  Nothing I've tried seems to work - I have had all sorts of b/w done to try and find a problem, but I'm pretty sure the problem is in my head. I have around 70lbs to lose and want to make 2015 be the year I take control of my health again.

SO - I'm excited to start!  I am making a grocery list for tomorrow, plan to cook lots on Saturday and then start Monday (have a family party Sunday so don't want to bother with it then).

The only concern I have is that I have my college reunion the 17-19 of January - I will more than likely be off plan as I'll be out of town, but I am going to try my best to stay on point.  I will more than likely start a full 30 days again on the 19th.

Jess

I will be starting my first whole30 on Jan 5th as well. I just finished reading the book and am ready to get my health back! I am doing my shopping tomorrow and hope to get some meals made for my lunches at work. Packing a lunch for work has also

ways been a struggle, so I usually end up eating a lot of fast food. I hope to break this habit.

Hi Everyone!

Im starting the 5th too! I am super nervous! I am a graduate student who is super busy and live on a strict budget, but I feel like I need to do something! 

Is anyone interested in being my partner in crime for the next 30 days? I plan on starting on the 5th!

-Kristen

Archived