Starting January 5th! Who wants to start with me? :)

Seattleram

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT'S TIME!! For me, anyway. I'm in Australia, the future, after all.

Couldn't have had a worse morning for it, I was expecting to wake up all fresh and motivated but instead I've been up since 3am and I'm currently at work feeling half dead, craving grease and a Belgian hot chocolate. Alas, my broccoli and egg muffins will save me. (I hope) (*sobs*)

I'm starting tomorrow with my husband! Kitchen is whole 30 ready! I food prepped most of day and ended up with 7 stitches after an incident with the mandolin slicer! Its only motivating me more, what a funny start to my lifestyle change! My biggest challenge will be some upcoming parties with friends - a big 30th birthday and book club and euchre nights! (Midwestern girl here...). I decided to host the superbowl so I could control (mostly) what food will be there! :) My goal is to eat paleo after the challenge to support my energy levels and weight loss. My department at work is just me right now so stress management is another big challenge for me!

IT'S TIME!! For me, anyway. I'm in Australia, the future, after all.

Couldn't have had a worse morning for it, I was expecting to wake up all fresh and motivated but instead I've been up since 3am and I'm currently at work feeling half dead, craving grease and a Belgian hot chocolate. Alas, my broccoli and egg muffins will save me. (I hope) (*sobs*)

We are all bound to hit obstacles in the next 30 days. I'm sorry yours has to be on the first day, but don't let it get to you. Let's hope this is your hiccup and it will be clear sailing for you from here!

I'm starting my first Whole30 with my husband tomorrow and I'm glad that we're not the only ones who didn't start on January 1st! I'm hoping to improve my energy levels, my weight, and my overall mood. I'm tired of feeling "blah" as a result of the food I consume.

I'm grateful for all of the support we have in this forum! Margegilly, that is so terrible about the mandolin accident, but I admire your commitment. I'll have to make sure I'm careful when I go to use that kitchen tool since I've never used it before, and I already have a few meals planned that will require it.

Good luck, everyone! Let's do this!

Kudos on all of you starting tomorrow!!!

I'm excited to start tomorrow, Jan 5th, as well.

Besides changing my relationship with food, I'm doing to lose weight to hopefully have a healthy pregnancy. I put on quite a few pounds post pregnancy and feel it would not be wise to consider another one at this weight.

I also think I need to be a good role model for my daughter, who is pretty much just eating meats and veggies b/c of her eczema. I don't want her to think her mommy is a hypocrite. I'm very curious to see if my change of diet affects the eczema at all (since she's still breastfeeding).

I feel nervous, excited and hopeful. I hope this is a beginning of a healthier relationship with food.

Cheers, everyone! I hope we are all very successful in the next 30 days.

PS: As a new mommy, I'm most anxious about giving up coffee because I don't like it without the creamer.

Started my 2nd Whole30 today, the 5th. I'm doing it for my sinuses, my lungs, and my tummy. They all felt so much better while doing the 1st round, then the holidays with all the celebrating. My tummy's been a mess, and I'm back to feeling like I need a nap in the early afternoon, which I have no time for. I totally enjoyed not feeling so groggy during the day!

Good luck everyone! I'm super excited about feeling good again.

Starting today, the 5th, as well! I followed paleo quite strictly for 18 months before getting pregnant. My toddler is now 16 months and I need a kick start to reset my bad eating habits. My meals are pretty solid but everything else is crap. I am a sugar addict! I eat candy, cake, treats and dessert all the time. I am doing Whole30 cause: I want to be a good role model for my baby, I want a better relationship with food. I want to eat mindfully, when I am hungry and for fuel. I want to stop eating sugar for a boost in the afternoon or to "cope" with emotions. I'm done feeling cranky and exhausted all the time and am looking forward to the tiger blood. I want back the clear head I had when I ate paleo.

Today is the day!  Would love to connect with a few people to support each other in this venture.  Feel a little uneasy about portions & what to eat when, but stocked up on veggies and meat last night.

Hoping and praying for good results for all involved.  Need a break through due to some health issues!

Have a great day - Beth  :)

This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.  Ps. 118:24 NLT

Today is the day!  Would love to connect with a few people to support each other in this venture.  Feel a little uneasy about portions & what to eat when, but stocked up on veggies and meat last night.

Hoping and praying for good results for all involved.  Need a break through due to some health issues!

Have a great day - Beth :)

This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.  Ps. 118:24 NLT

Yay!!! Let's do this! I practiced over the weekend, but today is officially day 1. My husband was planning on doing it with me, but he isn't willing to give up his protein shakes right now. He will be a huge support, but it's not quite the same. I'm drinking black coffee which I didn't think I was capable of (haha)!!! I'm excited and ready. I love positive supportive folks and hoping to steal some of your encouragement from time to time!! Rock on!

All right gang, here we go.  I weighed in this morning at 192lbs.  Darn close to my all time heaviest.  I so desperately want to be healthy and fit and strong and flexible.  It's out there for me right?  I haven't had a regular exercise routine in over a year.  I dislike gym's for the monotony, but I am willing to push through that.

Hello! As it is now January 5th, I am also starting today. :) I've changed my eating habits since june of last year and am doing my first whole30 in efforts to really clean up my diet since the holiday season and get on the right track mentally. I've talked one friend into doing it, as well (everyone else was offended or terrified by my offer to join), and will need all the extra support I can get!

we can do this! let's go!

Hello Everyone!  My name is Jolie and I am starting today!  Excited and nervous, I've been reading materials and listening to the audiobook (It Starts With Food) for several weeks now and am glad the the day is finally here that I can begin.  I want to lose at lease 100 lbs so I know I have my work cut out for me................Good luck to everyone!

Today is the first day of W30 for me and also my first day back to work after 2 weeks off. I think I'm dragging more because of the latter than the former ;) 

Since I started eating paleo last May I've been eating sausage almost every morning but that includes some sugar so I made my own sausage last night and it actually tastes better than the store bought stuff I've been eating! I followed this recipe but omitted the honey: http://paleomagonline.com/breakfast-sausage/ . After cooking the patties I put them in a zip-loc in the freezer so I can just reheat them (about 2 minutes on 50%) in the microwave in the morning during the week.

I also have been using canned coconut milk instead of creamer in my coffee and decided to try making my own coconut milk last night. This also tastes better than the canned stuff, doesn't contain guar gum (which apparently can be a gut irritant for some) and is considerably less expensive. I used the recipe from the Paleo Mom here: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/04/recipe-homemade-coconut-milk.html 

I didn't trust my cheap-ish blender to run with freshly boiled water for five minutes so I used my immersion blender instead. It was actually really easy. I recommend it if you have the right equipment (a good blender, magic bullet, or immersion blender and some cheesecloth). 

Hi everyone!  Today is my start date too!  i just joined the site and am thrilled to find this forum where I can have some accountability and community.  I am 53 yrs old and this is the first time doing W30.  I have the book and have read the portions that are pertinient to me.  I am a trained chef and love cooking and eating ALL food.  I own a culinary travel business and recently remarried...which resulted in a 20 pound weight gain.  I am determined to take it off and regain my healthy habits!  I look forward to shariing the next 30 days with you!!  ~Lynette

Day 1 for me today!  Let's do this!  I weighed in this morning for the first time in about a month - not a good number!  I enjoyed my sweets and alcohol a little too much during the holidays.  I'm excited to get back on track with paleo eating today.  This morning I had eggs, broccoli and some sauerkraut.  This has been my go-to paleo breakfast the past few months as it seems the easiest for me to prepare.

Have a great Day 1 everybody!

Day 1 for me too! This will be my second try for this, I made it to day 16 back in July, but then summer happened and I couldn't make it through.  Anyhow, it DID teach me that I am really sensitive to gluten and I have been almost gluten free until December, and then I fell off the wagon almost completely.

Anyhow, I am SO ready for this.  Yes, I want to lose some weight (yikes!), but mostly I just want to feel decent.  I have MS and I NEED to stop it from doing any more damage.  I can do this!

I had 2 eggs, spaghetti squash and a banana for breakfast.  A good start and the rest of the day is planned out.

Great to be part of a committed group!

Archived