Day 7 & 8- stomachaches

sunshine7

Ok, this may be a weird topic for some of you, but I'm all about being straightforward. I am now on day 8 of my Whole30 and woke up with a stomachache. Day 6 I had a bad stomachache in the evening, all crampy, just like i used to get before I started the challenge. I have been following the plan and not putting any toxins in my body, so I am kinda frustrated! Day 7 and today (day 8) I have had troubles pooping, which is unusual because since I started the challenge my stomach has felt great and my bowel movements have been normal!! Anyone else have this problem? Is it normal?

The only guess I would have is that perhaps as you are releasing and eliminating toxins, that may cause those issues. Also how is your hydration? Not hydrating enough might cause stomache aches and issues as your body tries to eliminate all of the bad. I am, however, not a doctor nor am I in the medical field, so that should always be the first route if it persists.

• Moderators

It is hard to say what might be going on without knowing what you are eating and drinking. You might be eating too much or too little of some things and, as mentioned, not drinking enough. Can you post a review of the past few days? Stress can also influence your bowel movements.

I have been stressed more than usual the past few days so that could be a huge contributor. I haven't changed what I'm eating since I felt good a week ago (have been eating the same types of things). I'll post a brief overview of what my diet has consisted of: sweet potatoes, eggs, Cod, Salmon, chicken, homemade pesto, homemade mayo, almond butter, some coconut oil, a little organic ghee, apples, bananas, fresh peaches, roasted cauliflower, squash, nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts), some almond flour. I drink lots of water from the time I get up in the morning til I go to bed so I don't think that's a problem, but I'll keep pushing that. I am a personal trainer/exercise instructor so I am very active and work out 5-6 times a week. My energy levels have been pretty steady, it's just the stomach thing now.

Archived