Swiss Whole30

Hutlifr

Meal 1: sautéed yams, eggplants, scrambled eggs (11:30 am)

Meal 2: We had home made roastbeef stuffed with a blend of mushrooms, garlic, shallots, and herbs, sides were kohlrabi, stuffed baked potatoes, grilled tomato, broccoflower, and salad...

post-47350-0-50478900-1420054313_thumb.j

Later, if still up, mixed salad and smoked salmon are on the menu...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L - Baked-Salmon-with-Creamy-Lemon-Dill-Past

w/1 green apple

swim2.gif

Good thing I've been going swimming  because I fell down a flight of stairs.  I had a turkey and roast in my arms.  I dinged myself up everywhere.

I dangled in the therapy pool and did what I could.  I attribute no broken bones to hiking 5-7 miles aday over the summer/fall...and lifting weights in the pool since  Nov 1st.    I'm bruised, all jammed up tight and I want to bawl my head off.....but I'll cowgirl up or go sit in the truck.   Cowgirls don't blubber and bawl.  

Day 9

M1: leftover kohlrabi, stuffed potatoes from yesterday and scrambled eggs

M2: pork tenderloin, wrapped in compliant bacon, with ground beef/pork/veal stuffing, with a side of sautéed zucchini, celery root, and potatoes

post-47350-0-05558400-1420131682_thumb.j

post-47350-0-13984900-1420131735_thumb.j

B - Salmon Omlette,  fresh salsa, avocado, lemon, cup coffee with orange zest, ground cocoa beans, cinnamon, cayenne added to ground coffee beans

L - Lobster tail, lemon, clarified butter, asparagus

Brussel-Sprouts-with-Bacon-Final.jpg

D - Brisket, roasted vege mix - turnips, parsnips, brussels sprouts, purple potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, bacon bits,  homemade coleslaw with coconut vinegar, mayo, celery seed, black pepper, onion, celery: collard greens.    (not me, not me...the rest of them are having homemade cornbread w/o any sugar, black-eyed peas, homemade pumpkin pie).  Black-eyed peas are traditional Jan 1 food.   Many feast on collard greens and black-eyed peas, especially if you're from the south...(Georgia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, etc.)  It is believed the meal will bring good fortune and health all year long.  

blackeye_peas.jpg    brussel-sprouts.jpg

MG_7107-640x426.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

Day 10

M1: sautéed yellow and red peppers, with scrambled eggs in avocado oil

M2: leek gratin with potatoes, smoked compliant sausage

Was only woken up twice last night, so I got a solid 5 hours of sleep in a row. Feels like a luxury.

Early rise today, and will be able to fit it my salad and salmon for M3.

B - Salmon omelette, green peppers, lemon, broccoli.  1 cup coffee with macadamia nut oil and pumpkin pie spice

L - Wild Herring, frisee salad, coconout oil and coconut vinegar dressing,  roasted brussels sprouts w/bacon

D - Over the Rainbow Trout, roasted aspargus, balsamic lemon reduction

Tea - Cardamom, Coriander and fresh ginger

swim2.gif

Revision day 10 m3

Big salad platter, red beets, cucumbers, tomato, mayo, left over stuffed pork loin

Like last whole30, my transit is slowing down... I am limiting fruits to 1 a day on whole30. Could that be the reason? Otherwise, feeling good and so glad I can focus on this program.

I give it two more days, and will get back to digestive enzymes if there is no improvement.

Day 11

M1: sautéed slices of celery roots, scrambled eggs, and black coffee

M2: leftover pot-au-feu (French version of corned beef, but with special cut of beef), cabbage, onions, celery roots

M3: soup made with leftovers from lunch, smoked salmon for proteins

Started to take digestive enzymes with meal 2 to facilitate transit.

Slept thru 3:30 am...

B -  Chili Lime Salmon, scrambled eggs, roasted vege,  1 cup coffee

L -   Lemon Talapia, frisee greens, balsamic citrus reduction, avocado

D-   OTRainbow Trout, roasted vege (broccoli, mushrooms, kale, garlic, herbs), lemon, coconut vinegar, macadamia nut oil

Day 12

Started with sautéed celery roots, a few slices of yams, and scrambled eggs. At midday, had veal osso bucco on a nice tomato sauce, with spiral zucchini. We treated ourselves to a nice dinner at a Mongolian restaurant. My choice of meat was antilope and kangourou, with lots a veggies.

Emotions are running high these days, and being able to see my whole30 thru under these circumstances is proof for me that my brain reset was stronger than I thought. It's encouraging...

Dearest mom, be strong and pull thru...

B - Spicy Tuna Cakes, Cucumber Dill salad with coconut vinegar, scrambled eggs,  1 cup coffee with uzhe (macadamia nut oil, pumpkin pie spices)    

L - Chili Lime Salmon,  broccoli, lemon balsamic reduction

D - GFBeef taco salad, sans shells of course,  greens, tomato, olives,  homemade taco spice mixture, avocado

B -  Pulled pork fresh off the smoker (cooked all night long) with homemade Tennessee/Carolina BBQ sauce (vinegary, spicy rich and no sugar), fresh Coleslaw, Uzhe coffee.  Goooood Night and Land sakes it was mmmmm, goooood!

L - Spicy tuna cakes, greens, brussels with balsamic reduction

D - Pulled pork and sauerkraut, grilled romaine with balsamic reduction, green beans

Am way behind with food log.

Managed to stay 100 percent compliant thru those last two days, despite of extended sleeping hours and trips to the hospital.

Keeping my breakfasts simple and huge, given I get up late. Slept an average of 12 hours the last two nights, have lots of catching up to do. Hospital cafeteria has boiled eggs, which came in handy when I I headed home for dinner later than expected. Made a nice chili con carne last night, minus the legumes, and a wonderful salad, then headed to bed early.

Day 15 is coming up. Half way mark, but it feels like I started yesterday...

Archived