The last days before my first whole30

Dmccalled4

I plan to start my first whole 30 on January 1st. Right now we're traveling and staying with family. We return home on December 30th then I'll shop on December 31st to begin the next day. But right now I find myself trying to eat all the junk I can before it begins. This scares me. Thoughts? You too? Help?

Warning: the more junk you eat before, the "junkier" you may feel in the first week of your Whole30. Consider minimizing the foods that make you less healthy: perhaps only have what's unique and special (e.g., m&m's - not special. Aunt Betty's homemade fudge she makes once a year - special).

Have you checked out the Official Whole 30 on Facebook?       https://www.facebook.com/Whole30/photos_stream

I do enjoy the posters and found this one there.

10599584_693944090682512_973886448873174

I completely agree with GFChris.   The snackity foods seldom satisfy us.  If it's the full feeling you want,  try practicing with vegetables.  broc.gif Vegetables will give you that full to the brim feeling... that you may be searching for.

• Administrators

Oh, I am SO with Chris, the....er......discomfort you feel when you start a Whole30 is directly related to but exponentially increased the worse your intake is in the days and weeks leading up to it. I would recommend getting on your veggies, your water, decreasing alcohol and sugar to whatever extent you can. The junk binges are going to come back and bite you!

Archived