Subway Chicken Breast

stephslo

Here's the ingredients for the chicken breast, from Subway's website:

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY: Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch and tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphates.

http://www.subway.co...Ingredients.pdf

Between the corn syrup, brown sugar, dextrose, hydrolyzed corn gluten, corn starch, and weird chemicals ("chicken type flavor"? :huh:), I'd say the Subway chicken breast is out.

Wow that is incredibly gross to see the ingredient list. I feel just as disgusted when I look at the label on a jar of mayonnaise in the store. Why can't the ingredient list be really simple like mine - egg, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt?

FYI - Thanks to readers on this forum I searched and found Wholly Guacamole in single serve packs, 6 for $5.29 at my Kroger store. They are 100 calorie packs and perfect to take to a restaurant and use as a yummy salad dressing. Love this forum!

FYI - Thanks to readers on this forum I searched and found Wholly Guacamole in single serve packs, 6 for $5.29 at my Kroger store. They are 100 calorie packs and perfect to take to a restaurant and use as a yummy salad dressing. Love this forum!

Wholly Guacamole is THE BEST. I use it for salad dressing it makes everything so good. They sell the 100 cal packs at BJs. I can't remember how many are in the box, I think like 12? It's about $7.99. The best part is you can freeze them!!

Here's the ingredients for the chicken breast, from Subway's website:

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY: Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch and tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphates.

http://www.subway.co...Ingredients.pdf

Between the corn syrup, brown sugar, dextrose, hydrolyzed corn gluten, corn starch, and weird chemicals ("chicken type flavor"? :huh:), I'd say the Subway chicken breast is out.

This makes me so very suspicious about the 'chicken' in Costco's caesar salad. It was a pre-Whole 30 staple for me... Why can't these places just use fracking chicken??!! Ugh.

Archived