Jan 4, 2015 Whole30 start date

A.U.

Greetings from St. Louis

If anyone starting Whole30 Sunday, January 4 let me know as I would enjoy some virtual company. Doing my fourth whole30 and really fine tuning some things (i.e. Making sure each meal has all components every time, getting pre and post work out "meals" prepped to avoid skipping or eating too late). Close friends supportive but not willing to join in on the fun so it would be nice to be able to shout out to anyone starting at the same time. Merry Christmas to all and happy 2015. A.U. In St Lou.

Good morning A.U.!  I will be starting Monday January 5th and am about in the same place you are.  Completed 3 Whole 30's and one Whole 60.  Am looking to do a Whole 100 this time.  Also would like to stay on track with meals, workouts etc so would love an accountability partner!  I'm in Chicago and am very excited about my new goal!  I will also be joining and starting Crossfit as well as some other tri training.  Let's do this!  Here's to much "Whole" success in 2015! Dawner

Hi!  I am starting on January 5th as well and this is my first time!  I'm glad that you guys have experience and success with this.  I am trying to get some of my friends who are nearby to do this with me (in DC), but haven't found the support group yet.  I look forward to being in touch in the New Year!

Yay. I will stay in touch with you both to see how it is going and to give a shout out if I just need someone to just say keep going. I am actually going to do a Whole45. I think imcsn tack on 15 more days just to experience it. Good luck. Here is to a Jan 4-5 start date!

Hi A.U.

I am going to start my 2nd Whole 30 on January 4th. I did Whole 45 for my first time and felt so great...but I've totally fallen off the wagon during the holidays and feel crappy again. I don't have anyone local who's willing to do it so having some virtual support will be great. I am in CA.

I didn't do much exercising during the first Whole 30 so that is one thing I am going to do differently this time.

Thanks!

Hi there! I am from KC area and I've done two Whole 30s in the past with great success. I would love to do at least 60 days this time, if not 90. I would love to be with a group who was like minded....though active, I didn't do much exercising either in the past and I'm looking to incorporate a more consistent workout routine. Does this seem like a good fit for this thread? :)

Hi all, i am from New Mexico and I would like to join your group. I've tried to do a Whole30 once and only made it two weeks. I really want to stick with it for the 30 days. Your experience and support will be great. I'm looking forward to getting back on board and to start eating better. The holidays have been rough.....way too much junk food.

Cav349 welcome and you can do it. The one thing I learned is that there are and will be moments of weakness but the operative word is MOMENTS". You buck up up for five minutes and realize you are stronger than a short mind-game. So worth it.

Hey Dawner

Meant to tell you how happy I am of your whole100. One day I will commit to that full hog. After I am done with my 45 will continue to stay in touch during your journey. Who knows, maybe I will push it further. Just wish I had more local friends involved in this journey.

I started prepping some food for the Sunday start of my Whole45. Yeah, I decidedmi am worth the extra two weeks. One great cookbook that really helped me during my first few Whole30's is Well Fed. Made the chili recipe and working on sauces to make meals taste great and easy to fix

I have been busy trying to get everything ready as well. I cleaned out my freezer and cupboards to get rid of all the "bad" stuff I don't want around. I also have the "Nom Nom Paleo" app on my iPad and I have been putting together a menu for the next couple of weeks along with a shopping list. If you haven't checked it out you should. She has some great recipes and her app has a month of meals that are Whole30 compliant. And she has pictures of each step for the recipes which makes it nice when you are making them. I've tried several of them already and highly recommend them.

Hello,

I was going to start 1/1/15 but ended up not sticking with it.  The reality is tomorrow makes MUCH more sense.  I started another thread but am thinking I will check over here too as the other one has already gotten pretty large (the second of the 1/1/15 starts).

MorgsinDC - I am also in D.C. so if you need any additional encourage (like Compass Rose will still be there after you are done), let me know.  I'm looking to find other activities here in the city that promote health so if you hear of anything fun, let me know.  Off to my first dance class!

Emily

Hi Marina! I felt the same way but it gets easier. I started my first Whole45 today and am psyched. Since I have only done a few Whole30's, will anticipate needing support as well. Keep in touch and go for it!!!!!

Reece1932

Hope you do check in. I needed to start the 4th because I am a huge college football fan and that consumes the first few days of Jan with out of town friends and we, as a group, love to partake in beverages during the games. I am full throttle today! Good luck

Oh, gosh, you guys - today went well food-wise, but I had to think about food so much! Three full meals (my husband usually makes breakfast, and I often do quite light lunches), plus this being day one so no leftovers or anything, made for quite a bit of work and so many dishes that I still need to do. Does this part get better? The constant prep and cleanup? I'm not sure why it feels like so much today, as we usually cook at home, from scratch, but... whew. A good night of sleep, and I'll feel better and ready for day two!

I started yesturday. First one my boyfriend has agreeded to do it with me. Hardest part for us was actually eating 3 meals, but today we are feeling the first of the withdrawl symptoms with headaches. We are in Portland Oregon, but originally from StL area.

Stefani, the three meals is hard! I didn't think that it would be, as I usually eat three meals (and snacks, let's be honest), but I don't usually eat three full meals of protein, vegetables, and fat! I'm already starting to miss my "fillers" - the wrap, or rice, or bread, or cheese to round out a meal.

I started today (Jan 5) and I am struggling with wanting something sweet. I've did a Whole30 once before and only made it two weeks but I don't remember having such bad sugar cravings the first day. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on what helps?!?

Cav349, I was amazed at how quickly the desire hit for off plan stuff. I wasn't craving sugar exactly, but dairy and grains. I wonder if it would help physiologically to make sure that you're getting plenty of compliant carbohydrates, like starchy vegs, and maybe fruit with every meal. I know that's a little more fruit than recommended, but it might be worth it to get you over the hump.

amietotosian, I'm not super experienced at this (obviously), but I have two ideas.

1. Are you eating enough of the protein? Maybe have 1.5 or 2 servings if you're just having one.

2. Is your fat content high enough?

If you're getting super hungry, I'd go for a mini-meal while you're working on tweaking amount to stay full between meals.

Archived