Jan 4, 2015 Whole30 start date

A.U.

Hey everyone, this is my first whole30, I started on January 4th. I'm eating pretty big meals with hearty proteins (salmon, steak, etc) but I am still so hungry! I'm hoping this will settle down over time....anyone have some tips for this?

If you post 2-3 days worth of your food log in the Troubleshooting section, folks here can give you feedback on possible tweaks.

Day 4 almost over for me; so far, so good. It helps to keep the eye on the prize with a lot of visualization. Also, my fridge was prepped Saturday making it very easy to throw together a dinner after the gym, as well as pack up my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow. I am sure one of these moments I will have a moment and will certainly shout out. I hope all of you are progressing well. All the best as you continue forward

cav349

i have experienced headache; not the other but everyone is so different. if you go to the forum and click TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR WHOLE30 section, it will bring up a bunch questions about different topics, including if people have experienced this or that with some pretty good advice and suggestions. Check it out. If you aren't sure where I am directing you, let me know and I will try and explain it better

I need a little kick in the pants/encouragement. I'm traveling by myself with my kids tomorrow to my parents' place (4 1/2-5 hrs.) for a stay of at least two weeks. Because of this, we've been eating down my food stash of leftovers, etc. So. I have almost no easy to prepare food left in the house for tomorrow, the trip, and Monday before I go grocery shopping. I can definitely raid my Mom's kitchen when I'm there, but no back-up makes me nervous.

Tell me I can do this? I have leftover frittata for breakfasts, tuna for lunch, I'm going to hard boil all the leftover eggs for the trip - I thought that I was decently well prepared, but all of a sudden I find thoughts of "I'm not going to be able to do this" popping into my head.

MarinaL:

YOU CAN DO THIS. Having an emergency stash of something certainly gives piece of mind. The hard boiled eggs are my stand by when I travel (and I travel a lot for business) so great. The tuna is another suggestion I would have made but you have got that covered. There is nothing wrong with packing some fruit like a banana or apple. There is a secion about off roading that the Whole30 blog has written about, addressing travel and these types of situations. Most places that you go for food on the road have something that is compliant; the key thing is that it may not be exactly what you may want or it may not be perceived as the most delicious choice but the choice is there. Add to the fact that you are prepared with back up snack and/or additional food to supplement is great (for example, get a salad minus croutouns, minus cheese and whatever else and dump you tuna on it).

I will look for the off-roading reference and post it here when I find it. MarinaL, the first that that I has to experience someting like you are about to do, I was scared because I didn't think that I had the will power to do it. I kept telling myself this is what I am doing and after the first instance of ignoring a temptation, I recall being so proud of myself. and then AFTER the trip (this was a 4 day business trip to Vegas with customers who like to be wined and dined), I could not stop smiling as I was so proud of what i accomplished for ME. Will you have moments? Sure but remember, they are just moments....after about 5-10 minutes, the moment will go away. You are 7-8 days in....almost 1/3 of the way there....

Hello ladies! I started jan 5 and was so ready to get going I haven't looked back at all! I did a whole 30 in August and loved it but my carb binging and wine induldging ways have taken over yet again! Starting day 7 today and feeling pretty good.... Just having sleep issues! I am a pretty light sleeper and remember having issues with sleep last W30. I have Natural Calm from last time and will start having a cup of that in the evening. Anyone else have trouble sleeping?

Penelope

I am struggling a little with a good night sleep but I think I am turning a corner. The first days i felt like i had my eyes closed but never fell asleep soundly despite being tired. I do know that any time i have done a Whole30 (three before), by day 10-14, my sleep became so awesome that it got me through the rest of the plan.

I'm on day 7 and I'm sleeping like a rock which is unusual for me because I have major sleep problems. But waking up is still a challenge. Maybe I'm catching up on all the years of shallow sleep?

Is anyone a) starving despite all the protein B) have stomach issues?

Stefani, the three meals is hard! I didn't think that it would be, as I usually eat three meals (and snacks, let's be honest), but I don't usually eat three full meals of protein, vegetables, and fat! I'm already starting to miss my "fillers" - the wrap, or rice, or bread, or cheese to round out a meal.

I can agree with you there however I am finding that I have gotten used to it. I was already gluten free due to celiac and was beginning to wonder if I was having issues with other foods. I did have a brain fart the other day and had some corn salsa on a salad but I realized it shortly after starting to eat and then picked around it so hopefully that was not a huge screw up for me. When you grow up in the midwest you are conditioned that corn is a vegetable not a starch. But other than that the 3 meal thing has gotten a lot easier and oh man have there been some amazing combinations come up. Asparagus with fried eggs? who knew... Hope it is going well for you now.

finishing up Day 13 of my Whole45; had a stressful situation yesterday that bubbled over into today. Handled it well although I had a few moments where the stress of the situation put me in a position where i just wanted to say "screw everything" and not only tell a few peopl to F-off, but was suprised how that then flowed into telling my Whole45 to F-off. Quite interesting now that I reflect on it.

bottom line, so glad I didn't let something like that lead to a bad choice that I ultimately didn't want to make.

I hope all of you are feeling strong and confident that you can finish what you started. Thanks for letting me share...I needed it

Archived