Starting on Monday, Dec 29th

Jalopy

This will be my second go around. I tried my first 2 years ago and felt great but didn't finish. I'm having joint pain, head congestion, dizziness, and intense sugar cravings and am really committed this time. Anyone starting this Monday? If not, I'd be happy to tag along with you if you have a New Years Day start!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting today! (Sunday 28th).. I don't see the point in waiting until the 1st or even until tomorrow because I know that will just give me an "excuse" to eat stupidly.

I'm going to head over to the January 1 thread though because I've found in previous rounds that the big threads give more variety of support and tend to keep going for longer. Let's do this!

Yes, I will join you on Monday, December 29th.

I completed my first Whole 30 this past spring.

I looked amazing and felt great. I have tried to stay

on track but without the Whole 30 support I really

struggled. I am committed to beginning again and

I am focused and ready to go!

Bear with me, I'm new to this type of communication. I'm thrilled that you all replied to my post. I want to stay active on this and sometimes I find it difficult to find this particular page again. Any tricks to keeping this open so I can post often? Or is there some way I can bookmark this to easily retrieve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So, I actually started today. I went shopping last night after a work pizza party and thought that I'd better start or waste another day eating crap. I finished shopping this morning and have food ready and raring to go!

Bear with me, I'm new to this type of communication. I'm thrilled that you all replied to my post. I want to stay active on this and sometimes I find it difficult to find this particular page again. Any tricks to keeping this open so I can post often? Or is there some way I can bookmark this to easily retrieve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

At the top right of the page, click on "Follow this topic." From there, choose how you want to be notified when others post to this thread. Going forward, to find the thread in future forum visits, click on "View New Content" on the top right. Then in the left hand navigator, under Other, click on "Just Items I Follow."

I was going to start the 5th, but I'm ready now. New years eve will be a bit challenging and my son's bday is the 2nd and dinner is at a pizza place, so I may just eat before I go. I have to make this happen now, I didn't follow through with Nov, or Dec. But I'm determined to have a fantastic new year and get back to where I was the beginning of last year. I have made changes already based on Whole30, and have seen the results in my body, so I'm really anxious to see what 30 days will do for me!

I completed my first day and went really well!

I am suffering from a lot of thirst/dry mouth at the moment (and drinking 3-4 litres of water every day!) so I ate a bit more fruit than veg yesterday because I found the sweetness helped with my thirst. Gotta up the veggies!

I started on Saturday the 27th. Like others on this string, I didn't want to wait for the start of the year.  It is my first go-round, and I'm delighted to share this journey with the rest of you!  First two days are under my belt.  I am drinking a lot of water, and am realizing how much diet soda I usually consume!

I spent a fair amount of time getting food prepared for the week.  I get up before work to exercise, so I needed to make something for breakfast I could just grab and re-heat once I got to the office, plus I know myself well enough to know that if I'm hungry, I need to have a meal I can quickly assemble.  It might sound a bit weird, but for breakfast I made a hash with sweet potatoes and onions, added some cayenne pepper for just a bit of heat, with scrambled eggs.  I will let you know if I still think it is good the second and third time I eat it!  :D

It will be a short week, so hopefully will get through the unpleasant part of the program when I am off so I don't subject my colleagues to my moods... and I hope I can keep my mood under control with my husband, he doesn't deserve any witchy-ness!

Hey Everyone! I'm starting my first whole30 tomorrow too!  I'm excited/nervous (as some of you may be also), and I'm really looking forward to the encouragement and accountability of the online community.  I've struggled with food for as long as I can remember; gaining and losing weight, having an unhealthy obsession with food and body image, and recovering from an eating disorder that continues to be a struggle.  I'm looking to whole30 to repair my broken relationship with my health.  Losing weight is not my focus in this challenge (although it would be nice) - I want to be healthy and wholesome, respect my body and explore new foods, and hopefully alleviate some of the psychological and physiological issues I'm currently facing (from ongoing anxiety and depression to upset stomach to PCOS, and the list goes on).  All in all, I'm looking for whole30 to help me change my life.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I started yesterday because I could not wait to start on the 1st! I've attempted the Whole 30 a few times, but I've never quite been able to make it through the whole thing (or really through the first 10 days). This time will be different, though! I am so done with feeling unhealthy and out of control. I'm ready for the Whole 30 to change my life!

I'm finishing up my day with some dinner in a few, but I made it through. I started off with headache and the "angers" today, which surprised me. But I fought em off. I tried rooibus tea for the first time, and am quite pleased, it will be a nice treat to end my days with. I also tried cinnamon pineapple chicken for the first time, so yummy! Had it with Zucchini!, Hope all went great today for the rest of you!

Archived