Intro - Starting my first Whole30 January 5th, 2015

Res0718

Just wanted to introduce myself as I will be starting my first Whole30 1/5/15. I need all the support I can get! I am 53 and have slowly gained about 20 pounds over the last few years. It's frustrating. I have always had success with Weight Watchers but lately not so much. I was diagnosised with high triglycerides last spring and went paleo in efforts to get things back on track. My blood work is great but no weight loss. I am hoping to have weight loss, better health and more energy from the Whole30!

Welcome. You might want to write down some other goals that you want to achieve instead of just weight loss. What if you had awesome energy, had great vibrant skin, slept like a baby, felt happy and joyful and were ready to take on the world but didn't lose 1 single pound, would you consider your whole30 a failure? Here is a great post that might put the scale into perspective. http://everydaypaleo.com/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/  Good Luck!

I'm planning to start on the 8th. I'm 50 years old and overweight. Recently have put on about 10 pounds and I'm not happy with my body. I've been eating Paleo for the past 3 months and my bloodwork all looks good, now I just want to drop the weight and feel better about my body.

My biggest hurdle is my husband. He is planning to start with me but he always thinks when we do something like this it's ok to cheat especially on the weekends with a glass of wine. I know I can blame him but it makes it harder when your partner is not fully committed. That's why I'm posting on this site to hopefully find encouragement from others.

Good Luck.

Hi

I know exactly what you are facing but my husband is not on board with the paleo approach at all. He is a vegetarian, but really a carbotarian. In some ways it may be easier to not have him on board at all rather than be encouraged to cheat here and there. Also I have two kids who are not paleo. I have found I need to leave the table as soon as I am done after dinner so I am not tempted to over eat. Also I really have to change my patterns and habits so I am not tempted to have a glass of wine in the evenings. Keep in touch my be we can learn from each other.

Archived