Starting January 2nd

pechristie

Hi all and Happy New Year! I will be starting tomorrow too, my second Whole30. I did one ending 11/21 (actually 31 days but who's counting lol) and felt GREAT when it ended. I had hoped to keep my food clean while allowing occasional wine. Well, I have derailed completely in the last month. I know I am sensitive to gluten  but have been eating it and for me, once I start to eat it, my body craves in more and more even with the horrible mental and physical effects. Crazy! I know. Anyway, one thing I noticed during my first whole30 was that I did eat past my point of satisfied a lot so I will be working on that this time around....also contemplating a WHole60 but we will see. My biggest challenge, sad to say, is giving up alcohol but that definitely got easier for me after two weeks or so. I'm glad we are starting on a Friday so that we can get one weekend out of the way right off the bat. Hoping that reintro not in the holiday season will be much easier this time around! Good luck everyone. I have to a massive shopping trip today:)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting the 2nd as well!  I can't believe it's already here.  This is my 3rd attempt at the whole 30.  I only made it a couple of days the last 2 attempts.  I HAVE to get my eating habits under control.  Pop and chips are my two biggest issues.  Over the past couple of months I've realized how few vegetables I'm eating and how much processed food.  Hoping to turn this around and make it the whole 30 days this time around. 

I'm starting my second round Whole30 January 2nd as well. My mom is joining me again on this as well but she is waiting until January 5th to begin hers. I know it seems counter intuitive to start this on a Friday but I feel more prepared than starting during the weekend than during the week since I know I can have more control of cooking until I go back to work next week. The best way get through a whole30 is always keep yourself accountable and to have a strong support system. 

My name is Mary and I am starting tomorrow also. My husband just told me today that he will join me.  :) This will be my second attempt. I made to about 21 days back in July but broke down and had a beer at my brother's wedding. I am determined to make it this time. I think with my husband joining will help a lot as we can prepare meals together. We have a daughter (5) and a son (3.5) and I want them to see us an example of good health.

Last time I didn't just fall off the wagon but I fell off and into a pit of gluttony. My eating habits have been pretty abysmal especially in the past month. I am an avid runner but I know can improve my fitness so much more by eating better.

I am looking forward to starting this journey tomorrow!

Hi Paula and everyone!  Good for you for doing the Whole30!

If the group don't mind, I'd like to join you, I am re-starting tomorrow.  I started today until I realized the Balsamic Vinegar I used on my Stir-fry vegetable had Sulfite!!!  :o   I know these ingredient--Carrageenan, MSG and Sulfite is not recommended for us to consume with our food.  I am going grocery shopping with the printed guides tomorrow and making sure the Ingredients are Paleo compliant!  I really want to do my best to do this right.

I am new to this and started today January 2nd. I am nervous. I hope this finds the answer I am looking for. I have had weight loss, weight gain, and rashes plus constipation. Celiac test, allergy tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy, and camera test. No answers. Yet I'm tired, faint, dizzy, nauseated, all the time.

I'm starting on the 2nd. I completed my first Whole 30 in August. I felt so great. My doctor cut my BP med in half--yay!!! But, I was out of control during the Holidays. My body is screaming for my whole food eating. I bought myself 2 new Paleo cookbooks, a spiral shredder thingy, and a new journal. I'm tracking everything in my journal, and at the SparkPeople website. I'm so excited about getting into shape and feeling better!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! We will do this!

June 

Hi Everyone, a few friends and I are starting tomorrow. A friend introduced me to it a couple months ago and we quickly bought and read the book. I am really looking forward to all the benefits of eating clean! Gotta get my 30 days in before Super Bowl!

Happy New Year! My husband and I are starting the whole30 tomorrow and are feeling really good about it! My naturopath prescribed it for me to do and my husband joined in for support ☺️ I ordered the book 'It Starts With Food' and am eager to read it. I get the feeling after 30 days we will be doing great. I have a goal to lose 50lbs this year and I think this is a good start to reaching that goal. Excited!

I reponded in another thread but this one looks like its the place to be!

I started today with the expected amazing day. I have eaten paleo for around 6 months although lost it in the last 4 weeks. Consequently I feel horrid!Bloated, headaches, tired, heavy blah! My 16yo daughter has been asking to go back to paleo as well, she is noticing the difference and will absolutely be my support.

Had a great start today. Lots of water. Lots of fresh veg, gorgeous meat. My mum just dropped around an entire TRAY of peaches, nectarines, apricots and plums fresh from the farm. Will have some fruit a little later when I know my sugar cravings are going to hit. Also have a chicken in the slow cooker maaking some bone broth ready for soups and simmering vegies in.

How did everyone else go?

Hi Paula,

I am starting today too.  I have RA and really noticed a positive change when I eliminated certain foods from my diet.  Although I have been following a paleo diet for a few years, there are always slip-ups, especially this time of year.  We just cleared out all of the holiday goodies and I gave away our last bottle of wine yesterday, so the house is free of temptations.  

Good luck to you!

Jacqui

Good morning all! Day One...I couldnt sleep so decided to get up and check in. In the 5 weeks since I finished my first Whole30 I gained 8 pounds! I know some of that is water weight, gluten bleh but DARN. This puts me back at my highest weight in over two years. That's kinda depressing but I know that this program will help me turn it around. The holidays are just so hard....I'm also considering a Whole50 or 60 just to solidify the habits. I will see how this goes though! Anyway, I didn't prepare as much as I probably should have yesterday but since its a weekend, I can do that tomorrow or Sunday. Good luck everyone and thanks for reading. 

Hi everyone. I am happy to see that I am not the only one starting January 2 instead of January 1. I needed the structure of a workday to take my mind off of food on the first day. Also I expect to have a headache starting on the second day at least and didn't want to be at work on that day. It's a fine balance. :)

I started a Whole30 in November of 2013. I made it about two weeks and felt amazing (after the headache passed) but even so I lost my way. I never intended to wait so long to try again, but here I am more than a year later.

I tend to be more of a lurker than a poster on online forums, but I am going to try to be different here. I know I will need the support of others. Thank you all in advance for being here.

Elisabeth

Hi everyone, I'm starting today too and it's nice to read all your stories - it does make a difference to motivation, which I'll probably really need later this month!

I started my first W30 last summer and lasted 3 weeks, felt great after 2 weeks but then became so, so tired and ended up caving .. although it was my birthday!!  Kept trying half-heartedly since, but after Christmas & the usual indulgence I'm ready and reminded about why I want to do this.  Think I'll try to include more fruit this time as I struggle a lot if carbs are too low.

My tip - I find the W30 daily emails really helpful and a good start to each morning :)

Good luck everyone x

Hi all! I just started this morning. This is my third whole30, although i dont think i should count my last one for several reasons. Im enthusiastic and much more committed this time around. Best of luck to everyone! I hope to be checking in periodically and would love to hear how everyone is doing throughout. Later!

Good morning! My husband and I start today. This will be his first time, and my third attempt ( I completed one and quit one early last year). I did a boatload of food prep yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to getting back on track health wise. I'm considering extending. To a Whole45 or even a Whole60 depending on how I feel. Best of luck to everyone!

Archived