Kathryn's Log for January Whole 30 Starting Early

Kathrynfsp

Hi

This is my first Whole 30, although I have done similar types of diets before. An invitation landed in my email tonight so since I felt so bloated I decided it was time to restart again.

I live in a convent so have very little control over cooking or how much candy is in the house around Christmas...alot of cookies! The sisters love to bake at this time of year...and it is easy to graze. I though doing this as a commitment will help me to avoid it all for 30 days till it disappears right and the season of Lent is almost upon us.

My goal is to practice refraining from following the urge to pick up food and to be more present to the experience of the moment, eventually not living under the compulsion to escape whatever I am escaping. Being more disciplined about what I want to eat will lead to that. 

So I'm starting tonight. Had a great big salad for dinner without realizing I was going to do this. I am glad about that choice. And I walked past the cookie table. My next project for the evening is lots of water and an apple after some work in chapel.

Am excited to be here.

Thank you,

Sr. Kathryn  :)

Sr Kathryn,

I responded to the email I found in my inbox, as well. I'm a nurse and I, too, have to deal with lots of sweets and snacks being available, constantly, at work. I look forward to following your progress here and joining you after the first of the year.  Lulu

I, too, am starting the Whole 30 in January. I did a Whole 30 in July and loved how I was feeling when that last week rolled around. Then it was over. So I'm thinking about doing it for January and February to see just how good I can feel. My husband isn't interested in doing it but I managed in July to plan meals he would like. I eat breakfast and lunch with no problem. It's that evening meal we have together that I have to figure out how to do. I am so ready to get back on. I have eaten every sweet in sight over Christmas and am feeling bad because of it. Will I never learn?

Archived