Late to the August whole30 party!

daisydaisy

Hi David,

I found coconut butter (nutiva's "coconut manna") in a local organic shop - but be warned, the stuff is addictive! I've had to ban myself from consuming it on a daily basis... today is my first 'day off' and I'm struggling ;-)

Whole30 is still going well thanks, although I'm off on a work trip to South Africa next week, which will be long working hours and we have catering provided, which makes me wonder how much I'm going to be able to control what I can eat - I don't really want to starve if there's nothing 'whole30 compliant'...but fingers crossed there's something suitable! (And I've already become that person on the flight (the one with the complicated food issues), requesting wheat/dairy free plane food... turns out their solution is a vegetarian meal. Bummer. Will have to supplement with beef jerky/chorizo/something I can get through security!)

Courgette noodles are great! My julienne peeler was a godsend for that - ordered one a few months ago from amazon and it's brill (I'm easily pleased). The 'noodles' go with anything, I used homemade mayo mixed with herbs to make a creamy sauce to go with the noodles and some grilled chicken. Husband is less keen, but eats what is put in front of him!

How are you doing so far? Starting to notice any changes/benefits? I think I have a bit more energy/enthusiasm for life, but nothing like the mega 'wow' I was sort of waiting for, but will (try to) be patient...

Hi Faith - amazing, day 35!! What prompted you to continue past 30 days - were you already planning on doing that, or did you hit day 30 and think you wanted to go on a bit longer? Thanks for the motivation to keep going... I do know it's worth it, but so easy to forget sometimes!

Hi Daisy - Sorry so long in answering! We extended our Whole 30 to 40 days because originally we were going to start with the August group but then just couldn't wait. So, we decided to stick with them and go 40 instead.

Congrats on your success so far. Your noodle dish sounds wonderful. I never thought of making a creamy sauce with the mayo. Don't know why because it is amazing what you can do with that homemade mayo.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Faith

You must have finished your 40 days by now (?) so congratulations! Hope you're reaping the benefits! I've been enjoying the success stories from yesterday/today, very motivating... 12 days in and feeling good, it's getting so much easier, but feels like I've been doing this for AGES now!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I'm now on day 26... nuts! I really really struggled whilst working away in South Africa for a couple of weeks - not from cravings or anything to do with my own willpower, but rather really struggled to ensure my food was 'whole30 friendly'. Pretty sure therefore that there was some unintended consumption of wheat or dairy, and almost certainly sunflower oils etc that food was cooked in, but there was absolutely nothing I could do about that, so just hoping that it was in such small amounts (I always made my own lunch, so at least one meal in three was good!) and am continuing onto a whole45 so fingers crossed will still continue to reap the benefits, before drinking a celebratory glass of wine!

Also got ill whilst I was working away, so currently trying to eat as much as possible to improve my health asap, but one thing I can say for sure about the whole30 - even when feeling ill, I still have way more energy and positivity than I was used to having previously, so still definitely worth persevering...

May jump on the scales at day 30 (I know I shouldn't but can't resist), but will continue the whole30 stringency for a bit longer - and will definitely continue blogging as I've found it really helps.

Hope everyone else is having a great experience/has had a fantastic whole30! I'm so disappointed that I had a couple of weeks in the middle where I couldn't always eat as well as I'd like - but it certainly has made me so appreciative of my own whole30 cooking - so much tastier!!

Archived