Here we go.. prepping for 01/02/15 start!

becksja

I'm anxious and ready to get on this thing! This will be my first Whole 30. Ive been a pretty undisciplined eater for my whole life so this will be interesting. I think that just the thought process around preparing a menu will be a healthy habit I can take with me well past the 30 days.  Beginner tips? Im going to miss my whiskey after work each day but I know it will be healthy and good for me.

Make sure your meals follow the template.

When you are eating eggs as the soul amount of protein in your meal, the amount of eggs should be the number of eggs you can comfortably hold in 1 hand.  

Don't go too low carb - ie don't forget to include at least 1 starchy veg in 1 meal each and every day.  More if you are more active.

If you do workouts do include a pre and post work out meal.  Pre workout should be fat and protein and post should be lean protein and starchy veg.  (ie: grilled chicken breast with sweet potato)

go easy on dried fruit and nuts.  They cause bloating and discomfort for many.

Other than that - be patient.  It is a 30 day program for a reason.  For some people it takes longer to see results, some people less.  Realize that you are unique and you are going to follow the path that you follow.  

I personally love the daily emails, there's an example you can have a look at: https://daily.whole9life.com/email_sample.html

There's some funny videos too and I really liked the link at the end (I did it, another Whole30 day in the bank).

Anyone outside the US and ahead in time may want to sign up one day in advance, for the time difference :)

Archived