Paleo Bread

gottafly

Not while doing Whole30. Whole30 and Paleo are really not the same. Whole30 is like a boot camp of sorts where you give yourself some time to get over any carb, sugar or whatever addictions. So..the last thing you want to do is imitate something like bread even though it may contain acceptable ingredients. I see Whole30 as a time to eat real, whole, clean foods..you will feel the cravings melt away.

I know it's not Whole30 compliant, but after the 30 days, is this bread something you think is ok to eat?

I think it is acceptable, but I don't know for sure about psyllium or baking soda. I did buy a loaf a few months ago, but it got me thinking about other breads, so I think it's a bit of a trigger for me. I also found it annoying to keep in the freezer and pry the pieces apart. I find I enjoy "sandwhiches" wrapped in lettuce leaves far more now.

After your Whole30, it's really up to you to decide where you draw the line. Our goal here is to clarify what you can and can't have during the program.

That said, my family went through a"paleo" baked goods phase. I think a lot of folks do. We learned pretty quickly that the results are less satisfactory and more expensive. It usually isnt worth it for us. We make some things on occasion (pancakes, muffins) but not daily and they are the exception and not the rule.

Archived