I did it!

allysdoneit

it might not sound like a big deal - but with Whole30 I lost the first 12lbs in a month EVER!!! happy to share :) And yup - I was a sugar addict and don't plan on being that ever again. And yes - the one month restrictions were pretty easy compared to giving birth to three kids without an epidural :))

Congratulations! 

[And I wish that this came up more often regarding childbirth: once you've done it without an epidural, you know you can handle just about ANYTHING :) No shade to those who weren't able to for some reason - plenty of great reasons for interventions and pain medication - but sometimes I hear about women eager for an epidural as soon as they get the first twinges of labor because they think the priority is avoiding pain, that they won't be able to handle it ... don't they know what invincible badasses women can be?]

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!! I hope I can say the same thing when I'm done (on Day 11 right now). I've "tried everything" before and the most I've ever lost was 11 lbs. I even did a 10 week kickboxing bootcamp (6 days a week, didn't miss) and lost one HALF pound. It's hard to stay motivated to keep going with "results" like that. I SO want this to be "it" for me! I've read the book; it all makes sense. I feel great and this seems sustainable for me - for once! I feel like my Sugar Dragon is dying away and that I finally have the upper hand in my food choices. Yea!!  So, congrats! I get it! This IS a big deal!!!!

Congrats!! I hope I can say the same thing when I'm done (on Day 11 right now). I've "tried everything" before and the most I've ever lost was 11 lbs. I even did a 10 week kickboxing bootcamp (6 days a week, didn't miss) and lost one HALF pound. It's hard to stay motivated to keep going with "results" like that. I SO want this to be "it" for me! I've read the book; it all makes sense. I feel great and this seems sustainable for me - for once! I feel like my Sugar Dragon is dying away and that I finally have the upper hand in my food choices. Yea!!  So, congrats! I get it! This IS a big deal!!!!

I am on Day 20 and I feel the same as you.  My sugar dragon is definitely going away.  I hope that I never eat empty calories like a candy bar ever again.  I can't believe that eating this way has eliminated my cravings for those foods.  So pleased!

Archived