Best cooking oil liquid at room temperature?

ViciousPlatypus

I'm preparing for a whole30 (my third) starting January 7th. I've been looking up how to make a compliant chili paste oil (chinese) to add to stirfried veggies and meats. Mostly this would just be dried & fresh chilis, maybe some garlic, but it needs an oil. I doubt coconut oil would fit the bill because it's solid at room temperature. I'd love an oil with a higher heat tolerance. Sunflower? Almond? Avocado?

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Not a foodie... but what would be the problem with a solid chili paste?  Could you warm the CO to >80 F, mix in chili etc and then just let it firm up?  Do you think it would separate?  Or maybe you could whip it once it became semi-solid to keep the ingredients mixed?  I make a homemade hand lotion that is 60% liquid (almond oil) and 40% solid (cocoa solids).  I melt the CO and mix it with the almond oil.  If I just let it sit it will separate but if I wait until its just about to set and then whip it with my mixer it emulsifies (is that right?) and stays mixed and a lotion like consistency.  

Archived