Fruit, eggs and healthy fat

decker_bear

Hey all, I'm looking for a little feedback. Now, obviously we all know that veggies are the cornerstone of any nutritious Whole30 breakfast. What I'm wondering, though, is whether eggs, fruit and healthy fat could be considered a compliant breakfast? Or does it simply have to have the veggies to fit the template? Specifically I'm talking about an apple, if that makes a difference. :)

I just created the most delicious, tasty, incredibly wonderful concoction, but I worry it's not compliant. Thoughts? The dish primarily contained apples, eggs and coconut milk.

Tough love. Go!

Great feedback, thanks! I think it would actually be really tasty alongside a pile of sauteed veggies, so that's what I'll do.

ladyshanny, that's an interesting observation. I hadn't noticed this to be the case, but I rarely eat fruit in the morning (usually a pile of veggies and some eggs). I'll pay attention today and see if it makes any sort of difference. :ph34r:

The fructose in apples will cause an insulin response and in some people that starts the two hour cycle that leads to hunger mid-morning.

I've recently dug into choosing fruits based on fructose content as an extension of what I learned and the habits I formed from Whole30 guidance.  I love me some apple, growing up in New England and going to the farms every fall to U-pick.  I treat apples as dessert now.  I watched a 90 minute video liinked from Mercola that led me to reduce even naturally occurring fructose.  This is beyond Whole30 requirements, but I look to many sources for advice.

Archived