My Bachlorette Party is coming up! Help!

Julie Quates

Hi! My girlfriends are planning a weekend getaway for my Bachlorette party and are expecting to drink and dance the night(s) away! I haven't really drank for a month or two but would like to imbibe a little (ya know to help with my dance moves). I KNOW that I'll pay for it the next day. But can you help me prepare for this event? We will be eating out and that is sometimes hard to stay compliant. Also what are one or two alcoholic drinks that will have the least impact? I know NOT drinking would be best but come on...I'll only have a bachlorette party once!

Thanks in advance!!

Julie-- I am in the same boat! I am finishing my first whole30 next week and then I am immediately going into shower/bachelorette frenzy for the next couple of weeks! My plan (for what its worth) is to eat as clean as I can without being overly obsessed about it-- my go to at restuarants is usually a salad with some fish for protein and oil/vinegar for dressing. I want to continue to eat clean so I feel and look my best-- there will be a lot of pictures taken in those couple of weeks! I'm also going to make sure I am super hydrated, even when we go out and are imbibing in some cocktails (1:1 water to bev ratio for the night)! One of my favorite drinks is gin and soda water with lime... seems like a pretty good option and when you want a break you can be sneaky and just get soda water and lime without any looks from your girls! :P I also still (kinda) think that red wine is considered health food (HA!)! Most importantly, have fun and show off those dance moves!! Let me know how it goes, I would love to hear of any advice you have after! :)

Thanks so much yall! I really want to relax and enjoy myself this one time. I don't think the food will be an issue...it was just the drinking and the sugary shots that I'm sure they will be buying for me. Little do they know I haven't drank in a few months and will probably pass out after my first drink! :) Easy does it...

I think you'll have a better weekend if you maintain a little balance. I'd avail the sugary drinks altogether ( includes tonic, and for me, wine). Drink regular or dirty martinis, vodka soda, tequila with fresh lime and soda. For shots, do tequila. Alternate cocktails with water. Have a blast!

Tequila shots? Yikes! I agree with Laura B.-stick with one drink or you'll be a hurting puppy the next day! And while this remedy is not 100% whole30 approved, I have discovered that a big glass of water with a nuun tablet dissolved in it helps a hangover quite nicely. ;)

I think the 1 drink to 1 water ratio idea is always a good one. I have found that if I choose to drink now, I am better off having a few martinis than mixed drinks-mostly because mixed drinks go down so easily and I don't notice how many I've had before it's too late! Two martinis are plenty for me and I sip them, with water along side.

Have fun!

Archived