A Whole100 starting January 1st

carriegoeswhole

Hi all!

I am a *somewhat* newbie starting a Whole100 on January 1st and looking for accountability and support! I attempted my first whole30 in March 2014 and made it 22 days. Even though I was feeling great and seeing non-scale improvements, I made the mistake of getting on the scale and letting that make me feel defeated. Top that with serious wine cravings and I fell off the wagon  :(

I am very invested in making this a complete overhaul for myself -- i have become much too dependent on food and wine as means for coping with stress and other emotions.  I am hoping to tame my sugar dragon, find something besides wine and food to cope, become excited about working out again, and lose some weight to start feeling great in my clothes again!

I am looking for people to help meal plan with, get ideas from, and get support when my inevitable cravings for chocolate, diet coke, and wine kick in! So excited about the possibilities for real life changes! Who wants to join me?! Any other whole100s out there?

--Carrie

• Moderators

You've come to the right place, Carrie! Welcome back. You'll find oodles of support and encouragement here. 

It's cool if you want to go for a Whole100, and I'd suggest you take it in 30-day increments. Get through your first Whole 30, then reassess and decide what to do next. Keep on for another 30 if you like because you're feeling so good, then check in with yourself and reassess. And on from there.

We all require different strategies and amounts of time with the program at any given stretch. I suggest you allow yourself the flexibility to discover that for yourself rather than picking a big number at the start. Of course it's up to you.

I have no doubt you can do it! I just want you to know that you already are a success and help set you up for more good things!

Hey Carrie, 

I am Donna and also in a very similar boat. I am starting 1-1 as well! I would love you join you and see how far we can go. It definitely helps to have the accountability. Definitely want to take it in 30day increments and see from there but I was already thinking about a whole 60. I have done 1 whole 30 and barely made it to the end and recently starting another before the holidays but that was a big mistake. Looking to improve myself in the upcoming year. Already went shopping and have the kitchen stocked for some crock pot meals! Hoping this is my best attempt yet!!

Donna

Hi Carrie and Donna - I am starting my Whole100 on 1/5, doing a 3 day cleanse 1/2-1/4.  I have done 2 Whole 30's and 1 Whole60 and felt absolutely wonderful.  My reintroductions were not so successful so I'm trying 100 days with hopes that I can make paleo a lifestyle change removing white sugar and flour, it is a demon for me!  Being prepared is key and the preparation is a little time consuming but possible, just has to be a priority for me, so here we go!

Wishing you both the best of luck and let me know if you have questions or need any help.  Love the accountability thing so let me know how you want to go about that, I'm on board!  

Dawn

I did two very successful Whole 30s in Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov of this year.  I have not been following W30 since the week of Thanksgiving and I can tell both in how I feel and how my clothes fit.  Starting Jan 1 I am committing to a Whole 100 with plans to start training for a 5K in March.  I will be right here along side of you with the struggles, determined to meet my goals and feeling so much better.  I haven't had any issues staying on the program when I am committed to it so all I really need to do is make the committment to start Jan 1.  I've already done a lot of shopping to prepare and am looking forward to making soup and country style ribs in the crockpot this weekend.  I have found a lot a excellent recipes during my w30 stints and am looking forward to making many of them again.

Here's to our success in 2015!  Cheers!

I did two very successful Whole 30s in Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov of this year.  I have not been following W30 since the week of Thanksgiving and I can tell both in how I feel and how my clothes fit.  Starting Jan 1 I am committing to a Whole 100 with plans to start training for a 5K in March.  I will be right here along side of you with the struggles, determined to meet my goals and feeling so much better.  I haven't had any issues staying on the program when I am committed to it so all I really need to do is make the committment to start Jan 1.  I've already done a lot of shopping to prepare and am looking forward to making soup and country style ribs in the crockpot this weekend.  I have found a lot a excellent recipes during my w30 stints and am looking forward to making many of them again.

Here's to our success in 2015!  Cheers!

I think we are in similar boats. I finished my whole30 on 11/21 and was gutted to step on the scale today and see that I have gained EIGHT pounds. But more than that, I feel disgusting--heavy, bloated and have a lot more pain and digestive issues. I'm also not sleeping well....soooo....ready for a reset. Once I got going on the program, it was pretty doable. The reintro/offroading is the hardest part. Heres to feeling a lot better in our clothes soon. 

Hey everyone! I'm going to join in on this forum if that's okay! As of yesterday, I started the Whole100 and couldn't be more excited. This is my 3rd round of W30 and I decided to extend it to the Whole100 this time. I'm am running the Boston Marathon in April and I want to stay as healthy as possible for the next 4 months through training and the winter months.  I couldn't be more excited. Here in day 2, I'm definitely expecting to experience some of the "hangover" symptoms because I've been eating like CRAP the past few weeks. I am so ready to get back on track!

Where is everyone from? What are your main reasons for taking on the Whole100? Excited to be here! 

I'll start us out --

I live in Ann Arbor, MI. Honestly, ever since I graduated from grad school I've been mistreating my body. I blamed it on stress, new jobs, moving, etc., but in the last 6 months I met someone really wonderful whose love really pushes me to be my best and healthiest self! I miss the energy and clear head that goes with the Whole30 and thought now was the best time to try a Whole100.

I have a cousin's wedding just after day 100 and I thought it'd be nice to reunite with my family, the folks who helped raised me, being the best me. 

I'm really excited to see how my body and mind react differently once I go beyond day 30. Should be a crazy (and sometimes annoying) ride. Haha.

Happy new year, y'all!

Sam

:D

I may be in... Started a whole 30 on the first. I have done a few. I always feel better. Sadly, I don't lose a lot of sometimes no -weight. I Want to get lighter for trail running, slay the sugar dragon, stay sane through work and winter and perhaps lose the last hunk of "baby weight". My youngest is 4! Basically, I want to be the best me I can be. I generally eat pretty healthy and I run up mountains. ..but I like chocolate and ginger cider. Oh, and I have Crohn's.

How is everyone doing? I'm on day 4 and have had a serious headache for a day and a half! I'm sure it has to do with caffeine withdrawals along with the rest of the detoxing process. Other than that (and my husband eating a piece of cheesecake in front of me last night!!!) things are going well! How about you??

Anyone else in here hoping for some non-weight/size related effects? (Although,they're definitely on my list too.)

I, for example, am hoping to:

• lower my cholesterol
  • reduce severity of my sleep apnea
  • reduce affects of some recently discovered periodontal disease.

YIKES! I'm a mess right now!  :P

Stay strong,

Sam

Day 5 and I am starting have more energy.  I've never had any of the timeline symptoms except for the food dreams.  That one hit right on target during my first W30.  I spent a lot of time prepping food yesterday so hopefully that will ease things up for me during work week.

I too am looking to lower my cholestrol and blood sugar levelsl in addition to weight loss.  My sleep patterns still haven't gotten back to where they were before but that too shall come in time.

Good luck everyone, stay strong on this 100 day journey.

I'm starting a Whole100 today. I did one back in October 2013 but between pregnancy/new baby, I got off track (though ate better than I did pre-Whole30). I want to do a Whole100 in order to adopt a strict paleo lifestyle. I'm realizing that there are some foods I just shouldn't ever reintroduce but I still am "attached" to them - I'm hoping to release that attachment :) 

Good luck to everyone :)

Karyn

Hi everyone - I started on Jan  1, so am on day 5 today. Feeling the cravings - maybe more psychological than physical, but that's where it gets me anyway. It's the emotional piece that brings me to food. I feel like I'm white-knuckling it right now. I've got a lot of weight and some significant health issues - at age 58, this isn't my first rodeo in terms of changing my diet. Fingers crossed. Teeth gritted.

HI all 

I also started on jan 01

I plan to do a "44" - up to valentines 

Hi Karen I am in the same boat as you - had been trying primal but realised it was just an excuse to keep butter and cheese in my diet - dairy is so wrong for me !! cant believe it has taken me so long to recognise the serious inflammation it causes

I plan to keep paleo but enjoy a glass of cava every now and again which is why i am doing a "44"

I havent had any major side effects yet - other than wrestling with my sugar demon - he is a big guy !!

Hope you are all doing well 

Zoe

The low level headaches seem to be gone :)  I don't know about the energy, as my baby is not so great about letting us sleep well. I'm struggling a bit with some leftover foods around the house - not because I care for them so much but because I need to remind myself not to eat them. Other than that, I'm enjoying my food and am feeling better. 

M1: turkey sausage patties, sweet potato

M2: chicken salad, mashed cauliflower, apple with almond butter

M3: chicken soup

Day 6 is going good except that I forgot my morning protein.  It's almost lunch so I think I'll make it through but it was rough earlier.  About an hour ago I ran across an emergency tuna pouch in my desk I could have eaten but by then my feelings of hunger were gone.  

Does anyone have a Fit Bit or Jawbone UP?  I just got the UP and am loving it.  I would love some W30 team members.  Message me with your name and I will add you to my team.

Hello! Just found this awesome group! I started my whole30 1/1, first successful whole30 was in November. I am doing this because I want to feel good about myself. I am hoping to continue after day 30 because I like the rules. They are my training wheels. I tried to ride my own bike in December and fell on my face. Anyway, I am glad to be on this ride with you.

Archived