A Whole100 starting January 1st

carriegoeswhole

Hi, I am a new whole30 participant as of 1/1. So far, great. I can see myself going farther than 30, but for first time through is this recommended? How tough is the reintroduction? Also, if you do a whole 60 or 100 do you still weigh yourself at 30? Very curious!!

How's everyone doing?  Day 16 here and all is well considering.  Having some emotional difficulties right now.  Deceased mother's bday is tomorrow.  My dad just got diagnosed with lung cancer, grandma is in the hospital and is ready to check out, sister's husband who is a cancer survivor has some issues.  Just a lot going on emotionally.  Thankfully I have this Whole30 way of eating under control, I think.  Feeling great, sleeping awesome, energy is fantastic.

Hi everyone!!

I have done whole30's on and off since about September. Christmas kinda wrecked me for a couple of days but I restarted on the 1st. I expect to make it last about 100 days, depending on a couple of factors.

It is nice to hear of so many people doing such a long treck!

I am trying to avoid nuts, nut butter, and fruit...today I had a slight binge on nuts. It is definitely because I haven't been including enough fat in my meals which I need to up...felt very disappointed with myself for buying (on a work trip) and then eating nuts and raisins. My body did not like it and i've been suffering the consequences ever since. However, on to the next one!!

It is very nice to meet everyone and good luck!

Hello, 100s!

I started my 4th Whole30 on 1/1, and I'm determined to go to 100.  I feel great, and, since I've done this before, I know how to shop and cook.

I'm a three time cancer survivor, and a life-long compulsive emotional eater.  I have focused on building my strength since my last bouts of cancer (last treatment was June 2012) with trainers at The Exercise Coach (high intensity interval training).   I have made amazing progress - lower heart rate, off of pre-diabetes medicine, better stamina, STRENGTH.  I am still, however, carrying way too much weight, especially around my middle-aged middle, so this time I'm aiming for some noticeable weight loss.  That means limiting red meat and nuts.  If I don't lose weight, but I continue to feel great, so be it. 

I live outside of Chicago, and I'm a single mom with 2 wonderful kids and a job that requires occasional travel.  Looking forward to checking in with you all as we make it past the first 30!

Best,

Jodi

Hi everyone - looking to join another fun group as I completed my Whole30 on January 24 and decided to stay on for a first Whole60. I have a business trip for a week in the middle of March, and completing 30 days at a time seems more manageable. I love that everyone is committing right away to 100 days! My first whole30 was January 2013 and I did much much better this time around. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next month will bring and looking forward to everyone's support and adventures! :)

Hi, everyone. 

I can't believe that it's day 28 already.  I'm still feeling great, and I'm planning to get through the Super Bowl with compliant snacks (guac and veggies, maybe chicken wings, meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, etc.).

I am definitely craving a glass of red wine (my little treat when I'm cooking), but I can get past that.  My only fear as I move forward beyond 30 (I've done several Whole 30s before, but never more than that) is that I'll go completely insane with a giant bowl of pasta or ice cream on day 101.  My hope is that by then it just won't seem that appealing anymore.  Even now, just thinking about how I would feel after that kind of binge is making me a bit queasy.

I am going to have a body composition analysis at my gym on day 30, day 60 and day 100.  Hope that's "compliant."  I didn't do one before I started because I was afraid I'd get depressed.

Rock on, 100s!

Jodi

Whole30 is done!  I've done 4, but have never continued. I felt so great (after feeling crappy during the holidays) by week 2, I decided to keep going.  So, I'm plunging in tomorrow, and, as my 8 yr old daughter told me this morning, I have 70 days to go!  Can't imagine feeling better than I do now, but I can imagine being smaller. Let's see what a Whole100 will do for my body fat %,

Hope this thread gets active - I'm going to need encouragement (and recipes!). 

Jodi

Hi Jodi,

I've found some good recipes on Stupid Easy Paleo.  I made the Checken Parmesean last night and it was fantastic.  Of course I omitted the cheese but everything else was compliant.  The 5-Spice slow cooker ribs from The Clothes Make the Girl website are also fantastic.  Made them twice in one week.

Heather

Hi Everybody!!

Lets get some noise going on this whole100 thread! The end of the whole30 for january made me want to go off plan butttttt...its not worth it. I treated myself to some nice grass fed burgers and sweet potatoe fries yesterday and kept living my life.

Anyone else temptedddd? Lets discuss and get to motivating through the next...amount of days :)

I won't lie Rachel, I thought more than once about going off plan over the weekend.  I was really tempted by the fried foods and the beers my family and friends were eating/drinking Friday night.  I held strong though.  I drank about 6 pitchers of water, or at least it felt like that many.  Sunday's Super Bowl party also had a lot of temptations but to my advandage there we were in the middle of a huge snow storm so I had a great excuse to leave before the food was "served".

I'm just now starting to notice the physical changes in my body (getting smaller) and feeling fantastic almost all the time.  I would hate to have to start over for some snack foods that woudln't taste as good as anything I would make at home.  I have to see the journey through to the next 30 days (days 32-60) to get myself over that "hump" where I've always been stuck yo-yoing in the past.  I've gotten past my food boredom with some fabulous recipes from StupidEasyPaleo and TheClothesMakeTheGirl.  I've tried a few new foods also which overall I would say were tolerable.

In fact, I think I'm inspired enough to go to the gym tonight after work.  I need to put some extra work in in the Month of February.  I've created a squat challenge for myself.  It started with 10 yesterday, it will 20 today, 30 tomorrow, 40 the next, etc. etc. etc.  I even set a reminder on my phone so I won't forget.  280 squats on the last day of Feb?  My but might start looking good, well at least smaller.

I am super pumped up about this W100 and hope we can get all our participants involved and more active on here.

Hbombdiggity71-

It is soooo good to hear that I am not the only one tempted. I thought, okay I finished the 30 days, I could go for something sweet right now! But, in the back of my mind something was telling me that that is just a reward of food, not something that will make my body healthier.

I am excited for your squat challenge! Let me know how it goes!

Last night, I made fish with almond meal and coconut to keep it festive with brussel sprouts and asparagus with salad and avocado, I find myself craving the oddest things-like eggplant-Instead of anything else I would snack on normally (like poppppcorn!) I am trying to stick to a solid 3 meals a day this 30 days in the midst of the 100. Little goals make big goals possible.

Keep me updated!! Hope you are warm in the snow!

Day 40 today, right? Things have gotten into somewhat of a groove and I find that I'm not counting the days nearly as closely as I was in the first 2-3 wks. Today was the first day I felt benefits during my workout. I have been using an app called Beat Burn by lolo and during my running spurts I felt like I was in rhythm and for the first time ever, that I wasn't gonna die! Prior to Jan 1st I relied on quick and easy processed meals, ate sugar packed candies or desserts daily and did not exercise. Thankfully though this healthy-living lifestyle has motivated me to get moving.

I sorta knew from the start that I was gonna need a W100 to reset my yo-yo habits, and physcological issues w/the Sugar Dragon and binging. Finally putting in the work to help myself heal in these areas has been a motivating factor but so is the fear of navigating all this on my own. I mean if I was so great at flying solo I wouldn't be here so for now I like the rules and sticking with the clearly defined rules eliminates confusion and stress, at least for me. Does this make sense to anyone else!?

I think my big treat to myself is going to be buying a nice premium-cut steak at the butcher shop this weekend instead of the usual chocolates for Valentine's Day. Looking forward to sharing that with my sweet, encouraging husband :)

Hope to read more posts this week from you guys b/c that was immensely helpful to me in Jan.

Non-Scale Victory this morning.  Yesterday my co-working was making fun (in a good way) of how baggy my pants were.  So this morning I pulled open a drawer with smaller sizes in it and lo and behold my pants that area a size smaller fit perfect.  Not even tight.  Will need to use a belt with the new "old" pants soon.

Fit-boyMOM - I too find like the rigidity of the Whole30 way of eating.  It's either yes I can eat it or no I can't.  I've never been able to have long term success with a plan that allowed me to eat whatever I wanted, as long as I counted it and limited my portion size.  I need to be able to eat as much as I can of the good stuff sometimes.

Some days 100 days seems like a lot.  But days like today with my NSV make it all worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else still hanging in there?

Day 69 here.  Loving this life but really looking forward to a beer someday.

RachelRoberts2, the squat challenge went well.  I missed a few days but over all was up 300 squats per day by the end.  I'm still trying to hold onto the concept.  I've increased the intensity of the squat but reduced the quantity.  I've definitely noticed a difference in my legs.  The next challenge is arms.  I need to get rid of some of the cottage cheese hanging around.

Archived