New Year's Eve potluck?

Andreabgm

• Administrators

Oh, I love the idea of taking something Whole30 to a potluck because it means that YOU are guaranteed of something to eat. For that reason I would recommend making a main dish such as Chocolate Chili or a cauli fried "rice" with chicken or shredded beef or pork in it.  Potlucks tend to be all finger food and munchies and sometimes having a proper main dish is really appreciated.

• Moderators

If you want finger foods, meatballs would be good. Nomnompaleo has some Asian meatballs with sweet potato in them, so there'd be a little veggies too. I took those to a potluck with some Sunshine Sauce for dipping and they were a hit.

Veggie trays with either a ranch dressing you make from homemade mayo, or baba ghanoush from The Clothes Make The Girl. Deviled eggs.

I'm bringing smoked salmon and a pan of mediterrean-style roasted veggies (artichoke hearts, tomatoes, zucchini, olives, and lots of parsley/oregano/basil) to share as a side for New Years Eve. We're spending the night with friends and will have a pot of cioppino for New Years Day.

Last year we made marinated olives with lots of lemon, garlic, and red pepper flake. They were a big hit.

Archived