Already Paleo, but starting Whole30 January 1

badwolfbridget

Hi everyone! My name is Bridget and my wife Michelle and I have been Paleo since the end of August. We have been doing great so far... all of my food allergies have cleared up, I was able to get off my anxiety meds, and we've already each lost about 30-40 pounds!

On December 14 my mom passed away suddenly. She had been battling stage IV breast cancer, the cause of which was at least partially rooted in her poor diet, according to her doctor. Her illness was a huge wakeup call for us, and one of the main reasons we decided to make the switch to Paleo.

Since she died a little over 2 weeks ago, I haven't been able to think about eating right, and I gave up on eating Paleo for the past two weeks. Even though it was really easy to find quick meals and snacks, we both feel like crap now and we desperately miss our Paleo lifestyle! We don't just want to ease back into it, though, so we've decided to commit to doing the Whole 30 in January to jump-start ourselves back into a healthy lifestyle. I'm just glad we only slipped for 2-3 weeks, and not a lot longer! I don't want to get stuck in the past unhealthy habits that were so hard to break the first time.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm really excited to commit to making 2015 my best year ever!

-Bridget

Archived