Starting January 5!

FeliciaOH

Hi everyone, I've decided to try Whole30 for the first time next week.  I've been Paleo since August, but I still need to tame my sugar monster!  I'm excited and a little apprehensive...certain staples in my diet, like paleo muffins, etc. are going to be hard to replace.  I think breakfast, or meal 1, will be hardest, since I love breakfast foods and I can't imagine eating "regular" food in the morning.  I think eggs will only get me so far.  So, if anyone has great breakfast ideas, I'm open to suggestions!

Happy New Year to all of us on this journey!

Felicia

I think breakfast, or meal 1, will be hardest, since I love breakfast foods and I can't imagine eating "regular" food in the morning.  I think eggs will only get me so far.  So, if anyone has great breakfast ideas, I'm open to suggestions!

Happy New Year to all of us on this journey!

Felicia

Google is your friend.  :) Best way to search the forum is by Googling Whole30 followed by whatever you're looking for.  Googling Whole30 non-egg breakfasts will give you links to past discussions with many options.

I, too, am starting my first Whole30  on the 5th with my hubby. I am excited but a little nervous as I'm a new mom who is still breastfeeding. I have read a lot about W30 while nursing so I know there is a good support group out there but I'm still nervous. I would love all the support and recipes I can get. Good luck to everyone!

Hello all, My start date is also Monday the 5th.  I have been attempting paleo for some time, but not religious, if  you know what I mean.  With a recent health scare, I have decided to quit the excuses and this seems like a way to grab on and follow while my body/mind adjusts.  Drinking the last of my half and half....eating the last of the cheese, etc...I don't eat terribly??? just not dairy free.  Over the next few days, I am cleaning the cupboards, shopping for some clean staples and reading as much as I can.  GOOD LUCK all...or should I say, congratulations!  Karen

Happy New Year and hurray to us! I too am starting on Jan 5th! I bought the It Starts with Food book and have been reading it over the holidays with glasses of wine and Christmas cookies lol. I am not new to paleo my body works amazing on this. I quit smoking in the spring of 2014 and went through a divorce and my good eating habits went out the window along with a 20lb plus weight gain, maybe more although I'm a little scared for a before weigh in. I am really looking forward to making big changes this year and creating a lifestyle instead of another diet. I want my three kids to eat this way too. Anyone else doing this as a whole family? I find Pinterest is such a great source of recipe ideas! All the best to everyone starting out like me :)

Archived