Finding this very hard hard.I need some encouragement

SarahG

I am finding this soooo hard.I am on day 5 and every minute of every day I think of giving this up.I have been a dieter all my life and I think starving myself is easier.

I gave up refined sugar years ago and two months ago gave up all added, so called healthy sugar eg honey.that was easy

I am struggling with giving up grains and legumes

I realize now I gave up sugar and just ate more bread rice cereal etc

I am doing this to sleep better,have more energy especially in the afternoon and to get rid of the roll of fat around my middle

I read all the posts

Would love to hear from people who made it through and had some positive results

Is it worth it?

I am soooo irritable

Help Please.

It is sooooo worth it. It's now 8 months after i did my first whole30 and I still follow the guidelines about 80 percent of the way. You will truly change your relationship with food in these 30 days. The whole anxiety you feel now is because some of the foods you gave up still have a physical and mental pull on you...imagine what this will feel like when you are free of that and can truly choose foods that you know make you feel good. Stick it out and ask lots of questions here! Most of us have been through this a few times and can understand and help.

The cravings really will pass. I definitely spend the first week after quitting sugar thinking about it all day long, but that does end and it gets easier. Just really practice not having the mental conversation about it. You know, not letting your brain debate whether or not you should cave. Just keep saying "NO!" and eventually it will get easier!

It's worth it. It may not be easy but stick with it. Over time, eating this way can eventually become habit for you, just like the way you used to eat was habit. For me, grains and sugar do nothing but cause me problems. They are the foods I am most likely to overconsume and they make me feel horrible and bloated and guilty when i overeat them.

Remember, you have a lifetime of eating habits you are trying to change so please don't get frustrated if it takes longer than 30 days. It's not like you can flip a switch and be done with it. It takes time to adapt.

Good luck!!!

Day 6

This is going so slowly

I am sleeping well and my clothes fit better and i am not really craving sugar or grains but I miss them .it's almost at an emotional level.

I used to wake up looking forward to breakfast now i don't even feel like eating

I can not face eggs or veggies in the morning so what do I eat.??.

Lunch and dinner are easier and i even quite enjoy my dinners

But then the evening need to eat starts .....i realize now how much unhealthy stuff i consumed at night including chewing packets of gum.

Any suggestions please for breakfast and also for post dinner need to snack

Thanks

Bad habits are hard to break. Instead of snacking after dinner, how about going for a walk or reading a good book. I found that changing my routine helped me. I would usually plop down in front of the TV of my computer. Many time with my glass of wine.

i stopped doing that.

I found some great recipes here..http://www.chowstalker.com/whole30/

Thanks Joannek

It's getting easier.I have a cup of black coffee after dinner and some fruit

I have had a few nights where I ate too many nuts,but I have decided to give up nuts altogether this week cos I can't contol myself.

• 3 weeks later...

I am finding this soooo hard.I am on day 5 and every minute of every day I think of giving this up.I have been a dieter all my life and I think starving myself is easier.

I gave up refined sugar years ago and two months ago gave up all added, so called healthy sugar eg honey.that was easy

I am struggling with giving up grains and legumes

I realize now I gave up sugar and just ate more bread rice cereal etc

I am doing this to sleep better,have more energy especially in the afternoon and to get rid of the roll of fat around my middle

I read all the posts

Would love to hear from people who made it through and had some positive results

Is it worth it?

I am soooo irritable

help Please.

I feel like you are speaking to every feeling and emoting I have been feeling for the past 16 days, I'm so tired of people telling me jow great the great they feel, how clothes are fitting better and you can just cook everything one day. i don't know what to believe anymore. I just want to weight my self and see if ther is any movement at all. maybe its all just emotions ami I need my sleep.. Ill check in tomorroe if I haven't caved already

Hi mistressjd

I am on day30 believe it or not.I did it but am going to do a few more days because I feel I made a few mistakes in the beginning

So what can I tell you?

If you look through all my posts you will see I have complained a lot but i I have had some positive days

I think around day 17 i started to feel better.I sleep really deeply but still have trouble falling asleep.however even after a night of not much sleep I wake up refreshed and don't feel that afternoon tiredness i used to feel

I only started back at exercising around week three.before that I had no energy

My mood improved around then too and i felt so happy.

The other plus is i am no longer bloated and I have stopped craving carbs and sweets

On the negative side I don't like eating meat and chicken and ld

still prefer a more vegetarian grain based diet.it's not that I crave that food anymore but it still sounds more appealing to me

I have lost no weight but that could be cos I eat too many nuts.and maybe I eat too many nuts because deep down I miss grains

Who knows?

My advise to you: don't give up .i feel a great sense of achievement that i did it.everyone gets something out of it

At the end of it you can decide what you want to do

My only disappointment is that I didn't lose any weight.but I do feel happier and healthier

I think it is a really good way to eat

Keep posting ,everyone is very supportive

Archived