Is CLA 1000 ok during the whole30

ohferg

Hey Guys,

I just finished my first whole 30 and I am amazed at the results.  I am down 15 pounds in the first 30 days and I am now starting my second whole 30.  Although I do normally workout, I dint as much these 30 days due to an elbow injury.  I am starting back full go tomorrow and I have some left over CLA 1000 that I would rather use than throw away. (although I will). I know BCAA and Glutamine are acceptable, but what about CLA 1000?  I dont want to mess this up.  Let me know please.  Thanks

• Moderators

Whether you CAN take it during a Whole30 is dependent upon whether your stuff contains off-plan ingredients. The fatty acid itself is fine. 

It is a waste of time to take it according to objective research: http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/. And honestly, we discourage taking junk supplements during a Whole30 so that you don't mistakenly think the good you experience has anything to do with the over-hyped supplement. 

Hey Tom, thanks for that info. just thought since I had it left over that I might as well take it.  But I agree with you, why risk it with the results that I had on my first 30 days.  As a side note, I thought that I would "treat" myself after my initial whole 30 to some sweets.  But after a 15 lb weight loss, I said to heck with that!  I'm all in, therefore I have started another whole 30 already. Cant wait to see what happens at the end of this month!  Take care. 

Archived