Here & Now-Whole30 Log

Rebe_J

Wed, Feb 4

W30.2.2 Day 3

Meal 3 yesterday was a big success. My plan was to clean out some leftovers. I had some carnitas, some pot roast, one link of compliant italian sausage, roasted Brussels spouts, and steamed carrots. I called it "mixed grill." It was a tasty way to use up small portions of meat. DH liked it a lot, saying, "We should do this more often."

We woke up extra early this morning for no apparent reason. I'm having coffee before eating and I know it's not a good idea. I must go get some food in me and get my day started.

In addition to my previously listed "to-do" items, I plan to write up my success story from January and rewrite my goals for this go-round. I don't know if I'll post my story on the Success Stories forum, or just include it here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-3237-0-66879100-1423088915_thumb.jp

My Meal 1 looked so good, I took a picture. It took me a while to figure out how to share it here. My phone has a pretty good camera--you can see the freshly ground pepper on top.

It's my "Egg Pie" on a bed of kale, topped with salsa and avocado, surrounded by cherry tomatoes.

The DMV was not fun. We secured our place in line, and there was a 2hour wait. We left and came back to find out we had the wrong insurance paper. After figuring that out, it was too late to try again. We'll give it another go on Friday.

Meal 2 a bowl of chili-- the kind with lots of vegetables. We were a little pressed for time; we had Costco shopping still to do.

We were a little hungry in the afternoon, so I had an apple with almond butter and a few raisins. Too carb-y, I know, and not enough protein. I know what would be better...a couple homemade sausage patties (they're good cold) and a few celery sticks with a little AB.

Meal 3: Spaghetti squash with meatballs and sauce. A small piece of pineapple.

Friday

Feb 6

I didn't post anything yesterday. Huh. I read a lot of forum posts...

Yesterday W30.2.2 Day 4:

Meal 1: 2 sausage patties, 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, leftover Brussels sprouts, some cherry tomatoes, 1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2: sliced turkey, assorted salad vegetables, dipping sauce made with homemade mayo, small piece of pineapple

Meal 3: Leftover Cinnamon Beef Stew. There wasn't much left, so I stirred in some cubed, cooked potato. Small piece of melon

Snack: no official snack, but I had a date while I was cooking, and a spoonful (or 2) of almond butter.

It was a busy day yesterday. We finished the grocery shopping and I had some cooking to do. Before I could get it all done, we had to take MIL to doctor's appointmen. Getting her ready and into the car and to the doctor takes 45 minutes. The appointment (injections in her knees) took about 5 minutes. It's always stressful, even when it's easy.

I had some more stuff to do in the kitchen, but took the path of least resistance again. I did a little prep work and saved most of it for today.

I have yet to get started on my "goals" for this round of W30.

I have yet to start an exercise plan.  Heck, I have yet to decide which one I want to do.

Path of least resistance. That's me.

Friday, Feb 6

W30.2.2 Day 5

I slept really well; almost 8 hours and very soundly. Nothing disturbed me in the night, even the high wind gusts we're having.

I had one cup of hot water before coffee and one cup of coffee before breakfast.

Meal 1: 4 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, the last of the leftover Brussels sprouts, a handful of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2: deconstructed hamburger with mayo and lots of salad vegetables, pineapple

Meal 3: chicken tenderloins 1/2 baked potato with ghee, mixed vegetables

We are going to try to get to DMV today and get the car registered. The wind is blowing steady at about 30mph with gusts of 60-65. We may decide to stay in.

I'd like to continue my line of thinking about the Path of Least Resistance....

The DMV was painless. Our system is very efficient. That left me time to do a lot in the kitchen.

I made Egg Pie, roasted spaghetti squash, baked potatoes, pre-cooked burger patties, Stovetop Carnitas, and a big pan of ground beef with onions, cabbage, tomato paste and seasoned with Penzey's Tsardust Memories blend. I also prepped salad vegetables: cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, celery, carrots, and onions.

The house smells good.

No post here for yesterday, which was Saturday.

Meal 1- sausage patty, 3 eggs, carrots, tomatoes grapefruit

Meal 2- leftover chicken, salad with a lot of vegetables, pineapple

Meal 3-carnitas, green beans, 1/2 potato with ghee, melon

Today

Sunday, Feb 8

W30.2.2.7

I will have to eat my Meal 1 in my office. I have sausage patties, assorted salad vegtables, and celery sticks with almond butter and raisins

Meal 2: burger patty which I will heat up in the lunch room and make a deconstructed burger, salad vegetables, dressing

Meal 3: either leftover carnitas or a compliant hot dog.

When I got home from work yesterday, I had to deal with unexpected mail. About taxes. I thought it was all settled. Now this. Hopefully, I can get answers soon and deal with it.

Work has settled down, but yesterday, first thing, some little thing really ticked me off. I didn't let it push me toward unplanned food, or uncontrolled eating, but still. I have to either find a way for these things to not bother me so much...or find a different job...with a different set of things that bother me.

I need to talk to someone about it.

Today was a better day at work than I expected, in spite of my coworker calling in sick.

I can't concentrate. DH is looking for something on a map and I can't tell if he's talking to me or to himself. It's very distracting.

Monday, Feb 9

W30.2.2.8

Still hanging in there. I walked into a royal mess at work this morning. Computer trouble. It took some time and some pleading and some firm requesting, but it got fixed. Now I need to talk to my boss about getting some new equipment. We can't keep putting bandaids on these old computers.

Meal 1: "goulash*" and eggs, tomatoes, 1/2 grapefruit.

Meal 2: deconstructed club san salad, homemade mayo-based dressing, half an apple

Meal 3: carnitas, vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), sliced tomatoes, pineapple

* I cooked up some ground beef with onions, cole slaw mix, tomato paste and seasoned it with Penzey's Tsardust Memories. Good.

While I was having an extremely stressful morning, a thought crossed my mind. "I need a cinnamon roll from the bakery."  I pushed the though from my head. I told myself, 1- a cinnamon roll won't fix anything. All it will do is start my WholeXX count back to 0. And 2- it's just my brain teasing me. The thought will go away on its own if I ignore it.

It worked.

Archived