Ckbrill Whole 30 log

ckbrill

So today is Day 1! Gotta say I'm more excited for it than I thought as this is my 2nd Whole 30. This time around I'm doing things differently; using the logs for the 1st time, joining in on the forums, & seeking out support from FB group. I was semi-successful in my 1st W30 back in August in that I saw physical changes, but when the time came to re-introduce, many of my psychological food issues came back full force (sugar dragon, eating peanut butter straight from the jar for a meal, eating just because...). I want to not only change physically, but mentally as well. I felt physically stronger & my workouts were amazing, I was more productive at work & still had energy at home for my littles. I want that back & I want to be stronger mentally as well. I did things on my own last time around & I know I'm going to need more support in order to make the full changes I want. So here's to the New Year & a new W30!!

Meal 1: 2 egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, 1/2 avocado, Brussel sprouts

2 slices bacon (no sugar added, no nitrates)

Mug of black coffee

Day 1 Meal 2: Palm size portion of sirloin steak, brussels, collard greens with dried cranberries

Meal 3: Baked chicken thigh, collard greens, & mix of steamed broccoli, carrots, & cauliflower

Chai Roobios tea when I needed something warm.

Overall I felt really good today. Wanted something sweet, but the cranberries in with my greens really helped satiate that. Need to try & drink more water tomorrow, but if that's my only struggle that's fine with me!

Congrats on your first day and Happy New Year! I'm also on my second whole30 and for the reasons you list - got a lot out of the first time but fell back into my old habits a little too easily and want to take a bigger step toward change this time :) Best wishes for your journey!

Posting this a little late, but better late than never! Successful days 2 & 3 & excited to keep going, but definitely struggling with planning & prepping meals especially since Monday & the pressure of going back to work is looming. Feeling tired & napping has become one of my best friends this weekend, but also an enemy as now I'm having trouble falling asleep at a reasonable time. And by reasonable I mean before midnight. The past 2 nights I haven't fallen asleep until around 2 or 3AM & then back up by 7. I'm hoping by going back to work & my usual schedule it'll get back to normal which is bed by 11 & up at 6.

D2M1: 3 egg omelette with kale & 1/2 avocado

2 slices bacon

Coffee

D2M2: Palm size portion sirloin steak

Brussel sprouts

Collard green salad cooked in ghee

D2M3: Crockpot roasted beef

Spinach salad

1/2 large sweet potato

D3M1: 3 egg omelette with spinach, steak, 1/2 avocado

Coffee

PostW/O snack: Roast beef & 1/2 sweet potato

D3M2: Roast beef

Roasted carrots

Steamed brussel sprouts

D3M3: Stuffed mushroom caps w/ ground beef, compliant sausage, peppers, & onions (added coconut oil to brown)

Spinach salad

Archived