Because... Hawaii in March

Angela S

Good to hear you have such a supportive family cheering you on.  Sorry to hear about the cold.

I was drawn to your log, due to the Hawaii part.  I lived on Oahu for 6 months and left a year ago, and am hoping to move back once DH has retired from the military.  We still have a house there, I'm still obsessed with all things Hawaii.  especially in the winter time. 

Today is my day 30 and like you, my logging died off once it become routine.

I hope you feel better soon, and you are almost done.     only 2 days left now. 

Day 29, Meal 1: shredded pork (5 spice pork rib leftovers) mushrooms, broccoli and sweet potatoes

Meal 2: lemon chicken with mushrooms, capers, cabbage and carrots.

Meal 3: marinated steak with Italian salsa (think caprese salad with kalamata olives instead of mozzarella, definitely adding to the rotation) and mixed green salad

Still have a very obnoxious headache, just when I think it is getting better, it comes back with a vengeance. I'm glad I spent the time yesterday meal planning. It's going help to make the last few days and re-introduction easier for my husband if I still don't feel like cooking. I have been reading up on re-intro, besides rice and soy sauce (can't live without sushi, this month has been HARD on that front) I'm not sure there is really anything I am 'dying" to add back in. But Hawaii is only 4 1/2 weeks away and I am not going to worry about my food choices or body responses while I'm there. So my choices are introduce before, or maybe do a W7/14 when I get back if I go too far overboard. 

Day 30(!!!!!!!) Meal 1: 2 eggs over easy with sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach 

Meal 2: marinated steak, Italian salsa over spaghetti squash

Meal 3: mexican grilled chicken salad with guacamole

So day 30 is here, and part of me is so elated while the other part is very hesitant. Am I really ready to re-introduce? I think I am so tired from this darn headcold that I can't be as enthusiastic as I want about finding my new normal. The past few days have been crazy busy, braces for the 11 yr old, rearranging flights for vacation and the stress that comes with trying to decide if we made/are making the right decision about said flight rearrangement. So many thoughts going through my already cloudy head that I'm not sure I can decipher one from the next.

I did break down and take Ibuprofen for my headache last night, which helped immensely. It was greatly diminished this morning compared to the previous 2 days. I really feel like I'm on the downhill side of this thing (knock on wood). I'm slightly disappointed to end my W30 while sick. I was so looking forward to feeling great (and having my headaches gone), but I will be happy with my other victories. Over all, I do feel better, depression and anxiety are low, I haven't had a migraine, I don't feel as bloated, skin is better, and I feel more in control of my food choices. I think my family has learned a lot from this process. Last time, I kind of kept it to myself, and didn't take the opportunity to explain the program. (Mostly because I felt unsupported on the husband front), and I think because I had a long conversation with him before about why I needed to do this (and the offer to do all the cooking for 1 month), he seemed... and was much more supportive this time around.

Now I just hope the next 30 days, go by as fast as the last 30 have. Because... Hawaii in March!!

Just read your logs! Very inspiring! You did an awesome job! Sorry about all the headaches. I get a lot too and figured out on my last whole30 that foods high in histamine were triggering them. It sounds like you were sick for a lot of your whole 30, but just in case that wasn't the cause of your headaches I thougt I'd let you know about histamines. Headaches are terrible so I just want to help anyone else who is suffering from them.

Archived