2nd Whole30 from Texas

OakleyL

My husband (62 yrs old) and I (51 yrs old) just finished our first Whole30 in December. Not easy but felt great starting the New Year with it accomplished. Had great results (weight loss, inches lost, sleep better, feel great) so we can't find a reason to not continue!

Working on a menu for the week and will spend this evening prepping veggies for the weekend meals. I didn't do enough prepping last month and that definitely cost me some time each day. Goal is to prep on Sundays and Wednesdays each week - keep things fresh but saves time.

TODAY:

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs using light tasting olive oil and added red bell peppers, green onions, and tomatoes. Bacon strips, sliced avocado and fresh blackberries made a great morning meal.

Lunch - Paleo Minestrone Soup with carrot sticks

http://www.ourpaleolife.com/2013/02/crockpot-paleo-minestrone-soup/

Snack - orange slices and handful of almonds

Dinner plans - Taco salad

http://www.ourpaleolife.com/2013/09/paleo-taco-salad/

Your breakfast sounds amazing! I started my 2nd whole30 today as well, though my last go-round was in July. I'm quite impressed that you're going practically back to back :) Happy New Year and best wishes for a wonderful whole30!

Day 2 of our 2nd Whole30

Our big change for this 30 days is the addition of exercise.  Tomorrow we start slow (no injuries, please) with 10 minutes of walking, 10 minutes of stretching and 10 minutes of bodyweight training.

Breakfast - pretty much the same as yesterday except we had sugar free sausage instead of bacon and substituted mango and strawberries for the blackberries. Yummy!

Lunch - leftover Minestrone Soup for him and leftover taco salad for me.  We both added a coupe of boiled eggs (I make mine into deviled eggs using homemade mayo - double yum!)

Dinner plans - Grilled Tilapia, roasted brussels sprouts and mashed sweet potatoes

Archived