I Need Something Besides Water

vickicon

I drink a ton of plain sparkling water (like Perrier).  Sometimes I put a small splash of cranberry juice and a half a lime's worth of lime juice in as well.  Delicious!

Oh good, I was just asking about Perrier. I'm confused about the fruit juice thingy. Doesn't fruit juice have sugar? I bought apple cider, because they said it was compliant, but I'm afraid to drink it.

Oh good, I was just asking about Perrier. I'm confused about the fruit juice thingy. Doesn't fruit juice have sugar? I bought apple cider, because they said it was compliant, but I'm afraid to drink it.

It's *added* sugar/sweetener that's not allowed on a Whole30. Naturally occurring sugar in fruit juice is acceptable. Again, we don't want you drinking a glass of juice, but using it as flavoring in cooking or adding a splash to sparkling water is ok.

The key is to read the product ingredients list. If there are no off-plan ingredients in the juice, it's ok.

And yes, plain Perrier or any plain sparkling water is compliant. For flavored versions, check the ingredients list, as some brands add sugar or sweetener.

Archived