Still mucousy and constipated. Day 21

Hi all,

So, three weeks now of consistent constipation. I am eating tons of veggies, some fruit, plenty of fat, not excessive nuts, and drinking plenty of water. After reading other posts, I just ordered some super enzymes..fingers crossed! I also plan to begin taking hcl (which I'd taken before but sort of phased out).

Another thing that is bugging me--I was sure that this would clear up all lingering post nasal drip, phlegm, and mucous that irritated me incessantly. Three weeks in and I feel like it might be worse, or at least the same.

On the high note, energy is up, blood sugar feels leveled, skin is looking good, mood is good, ear aches are gone, and more. Anyone have ideas on the mucous? Could it and the constipation be related?

Incidentally, I'm not eating chicken eggs bc of suspected allergies, but I amm eating duck eggs.

Thanks! Bridge

Hello - I am new so I may not be of much help. But I just wanted to say that I am on Day 9, and I am the exact opposite. I am USUALLY constipated and have a tough time going, but from DAY ONE of The Whole 30, I have been going more than ever and it's loose.

I remember reading that the mucous could be the sloughing off of the bad stuff in your intestines.

I have also noticed that I feel better, mood is better, etc. Still having headaches, but I was a caffine addict....

I am thinking that we all experience things differently.

I can relate. I've always had what I consider excessive mucus/phlegm in my throat (and I've ruled out that it's related to acid-reflux) from what I guess is post-nasal drip. During my Whole30 I found it went away but my nose became congested. I've continued with my Whole30 (except for wine) so am on month 2 of eating Whole30 and recently the mucus has returned. I don't really know what to think about it - maybe it's not diet related at all? As for the constipation, again that's something I struggle with too. I feel like there have been some small improvements in that area (I tried the enzymes and HCL but didn't change anything for me) but nothing magical. Are you taking probiotics/eating fermented foods/bone broth? Also, just in terms of the eggs - I have an intolerance to eggs, chicken and duck. My ND told me that most people who have problems with chicken eggs also have problems with ducks eggs...not everyone, for some they're ok but maybe something to consider.

Hello -- I've found that taking magnesium helps with constipation -- and also helps me go to sleep better. A lot of folks (including me) on this site use Natural Calm powder. The regular powder (not flavored) is Whole30 compliant. I started at 1/2 teaspoon (in warm water) before bed and have worked up to 1 1/2 tsps.

I have some troubles with postnasal drip from my pollen/mold allergies. I've found that my allergies do seem to get better on a Whole30, but they are still there, especially when pollen and/or mold counts are high in my area. Hope this helps!

Tami

Thanks everyone! I have been taking CALM magnesium for years, and until I started Whole30 it had me regular for the first time in my life. I will try the sweet potato. I started taking HCL yesterday, which I used to take but had stopped recently. I also ordered the NOW superenzymes I read about elsewhere on the site. Fingers crossed. I supposd it's possible that this is all just part of the transition and detox and that my system will find balance again. My blood sugar, by the way, is definitely stabilized for the first time ever. This is very exciting!

Archived