No grapes for dinner

littleg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Day 16

Not really hungry after last night's squash extravaganza - but I'm going to eat and get myself ready for another 12 hours that hopefully won't be quite as crazy as yesterday.  And then 3 days off.  

M1 - 10AM - no starch casserole, yellow pepper, strawberries, coconut cream

16111897939_41954a36ec_n.jpg

M2 - 4PM - drumstick meat, left over squash bake (butternut, 1 egg, ginger - half was left), snap peas

M3 - 8PM - turkey burger, big chunk of kobucha with coconut cream, snap peas, yellow pepper, apple

Didn't eat the 2 HB eggs, grapefruit or the small sweet potato I brought with me.  

Day 17

Not hungry at all this morning.  No timely meal 1 today.  Feeling... I don't know, unsettled today.  

12 PM - M1

Burger, 2 eggs, small red pepper and 1/2 yellow pepper, strawberries and coconut cream (there is a burger under those 2 eggs!)

16301713625_e31a1ebc75_n.jpg

Rest of the day didn't work out too great.  Was at my in-laws for the afternoon with only fruit as an option.  Between 3 and 6 I ate... 3 apples, 6ish clementines, pint of blueberries and 1/2 lb or so of carrots.  Oh well.  

Dinner was orange chicken, broccoli, small serving of sweet potato noodles, kobucha squash with coconut cream and then seconds of moroccan veggies with coconut cream b/c I was still hungry (not pictured - I ate it so quick there wasn't time!) .  I was hungry for more protein but fridge is empty so I figured veggies was ok...

16282209266_2715e02e7a_n.jpg

Sound asleep on the sofa by 8PM.  

Thanks Meadow!  I'm trying :)

So here is what I learned yesterday.  MEAL 1 MATTERS.  I was so nut hungry yesterday morning.  I was like - eh, its Saturday, I'm off, be "normal" and just eat a brunch like meal like the rest of the world on weekends... it is fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.   And the exact problems that started me on the W30 came back.  I was really hungry at 4ish, really munchy, not in the mood for "real" food, etc.  I should tattoo that on my arm :)

Day 18 

Got some eggs from my in-laws farm yesterday.  So pretty :)

16121984209_d0f53a014d_n.jpg

M1: 7:30.  Usual these days.  Burger, 2 eggs, red pepper, strawberries with coconut cream.  Black coffee.  

15688395223_dbc951f041_n.jpg

Heading out to hike in this totally crappy NE winter... Rain.  In January.  Ugh.  

Hiked a little over 6 miles with ~2k elevation gain.  Views at the summit were of the inside of a cloud.  So here is a view of a the kind of day I wished it was.

16312152255_f90f8a1855_n.jpg

M2 - 2 PM - Lunch in the car on the way home was 1/2 a small sweet potato, Moroccan veggies, drumstick meat and some coconut cream

16126300027_892a091929_n.jpg

Still hungry once I got home so I ate a few mouthfuls of mashed ginger kobucha while I prepped some for the week with the last little bit of coconut cream left in the fridge, 2 HB eggs, a grapefruit

5 PM - kombucha

M3 - 6 PM - orange chicken, broccoli, roasted butternut squash and a little mashed kobucha with coconut cream.  Ate A LOT.  Maybe a little too much but it was very tasty.  

Day 19

Not hungry this AM.  Probably from my giant dinner...  But I ate anyway, like a good little W30er.  And because I am learning that eating early in the day helps with the binge urge later in the day.  

M1 - 8AM or so.  Last piece of no-starch casserole, red pepper, strawberries with coconut cream.  And coffee.

16317736705_88ae63ed22_n.jpg

WOD - push press 7x3 @100 then a 15m AMRAP that I just kind of half-assed

M2 - 2 PM - meatloaf, kobucha with coconut cream, snap peas, moroccan veggies

16139424607_0db7deef55_n.jpg

M3 - 7 PM - "pizza" spaghetti squash pie (1/2 lb Italian sausage, 1/2 ground beef, homemade pizza sauce (tomato sauce+paste+spices), spaghetti squash, 3 eggs) and sauteed zucchini and a salad with carrots and 2 clementines and some oil and vinegar

16325307255_3836130bac_n.jpg

Prep today for the way-too-many-days-in-a-row-I'm-working 10 day stretch coming...

- Moroccan veggies

- 4 servings of meatloaf (that I totally messed up - I just accidentally ignored the second half of the recipe... essentially I made burgers with onions and carrots with some ketchup in them and on top of them) - hopefully they will taste ok

- drumsticks in the dutch oven for shredded chicken

- pork roast and bacon ready for the crockpot tonight

- 1 lb of b-fast sausage for a breakfast bake

- May try making the spaghetti squash pizza bake if I can find a small spaghetti squash

- Asian turkey burgers - going to buy 2 more lbs of ground turkey and make 9 total burgers so I have some in the freezer

- mashed kobucha with ginger already made

Last night I splurged and picked up the peeled and diced butternut squash from TJ.  Roasted it and it came out delicious.  May pick up another package of that - so much better than the frozen kind and such a time saver.

Ugh, yesterday was not a good day.  Put on a pair of pants that should not have been tighter... and they were.  I went through this with my last W30 too - NOTHING changed during the first 30 days.  Not an ounce on the scale not a centimeter on the tape measure.  I felt better and the binge eating was less (which is great) but it is still very frustrating when there are no physical changes.  I'm not sure what I'm doing "wrong" - too much fat maybe?  I'm adding coconut cream to lots of meals... I didn't have any at dinner last night and I still survived :)  I'm not sure what to do next - if I should tinker with these last 10 days or just keep going the way I had been.  

Day 20

8:30 - M1 - Kalua pork (came out dry, good thing it was a small roast...), 1/2 yellow pepper, strawberries, coconut cream (smaller scoop than normal).

16138266630_4a9a11532e_n.jpg

Noon WOD - post WOD, small sweet potato

2 PM - M2 - STARVING.   Munched on carrots (4-5) while prepping.  Snap peas, kabocha squash with coconut cream, Asian turkey burger

16141418299_865868a118_n.jpg

Trying to eat slow and let this food settle.  Feel like I could eat 4 lunches.  

Well... on day 20 I never got "unhungry" and fell off the W30 wagon (and then got runover a bit).  Full fledged binge.  So, alas, no W30.  W20 is gonna be it.  No more logging food since its not a W30 and I'm not going to start over at this point.  I'm going to keep going as best I can because it was helping.

I am going to keep the new HABIT of not eating on my way home from work and when I get home.  The urge to eat on my way home from work is diminishing and I like it.  This binge was a chance to go back to old habits and I need to not let that happen.  

I need to find a way to deal with hungry days.  Between my hike (and maybe not compensating that day enough...?) and then cutting back on fat the next day (after not fitting into my pants...) it may have created a bit of a caloric deficit which set off the pretty intense hunger and the subsequent binge on Tuesday.  The binge urge is unbearable (well, that isn't true - but that is what it feels like - it is, in fact, quite bearable) on days when I get too hungry (which is why I guess this M1 thing is so important!).  So...I am going to keep eating 3 meals.  I ate a bunch of fruit last night (after eating only an apple until 8 PM) when I came home and feel gross this morning.  I like waking up hungry better.  

And I'm going to try a "no worm-hole internet surfing" rule for a while.  I think I need to spend more time petting and walking the fur monsters and doing crosswords and reading Rational Recovery and BOB and less time getting sucked into this forum for so much time each day.  

So toodles ;)  Good luck to anyone who happens to be reading this - I hope you find that the W30 helps you with whatever health issues made you try it in the first place!

Archived