January 1st - 3rd Whole30

Cinnaberry74

M1: Prime rib and sauteed mushrooms, 2 over easy egg yolks (my daughter ate the whites because I have a reaction to them.), brussel sprouts with cranberry and walnut. Coffee.

Snack: Baked organic apple chips (I brought them to the movie theater this afternoon to ward off popcorn that my kids and hubby were eating!).

M2: Veggie zoodle soup with turkey breast (I thankfully froze all the leftover meat from Thanksgiving!), gingerbread spice tea.

M3: Prime rib (we had this from New Year's Eve... and it was a big roast that I made at home), steamed green beans,spring mix salad with carrot, shredded beets, broccoli, vinaigrette I made at home.  Water with lemon to drink.  

I'll probably end the night with my organic peppermint mocha tea and maybe some berries with coconut cream dollop.  :).  Maybe.... I'm kinda full!

I still can't upload pics.... I must've used all the space on my first Whole30 log....lol. 

Day 2

M1: 2 chicken bratwurst sausages (Saag brand), steamed green beans, 3 tbsp serving of banana chia pudding (pureed banana, coconut milk, chia seeds).  Black coffee.

M2: Double char from The Habit, lettuce wrapped with caramelized onions, avocado, mushrooms.  Baked apple chips I brought as a side.  Unsweetened iced tea.  

Snack: I was making mushroom soup for my daughter (no cream), so I had a small bowl.  I used organic mushroom broth, mushrooms, fresh thyme, carrots, onion, celery. 

M3: Spaghetti squash w/paleo turkey kale meatballs, "fauxmato" sauce (pureed beets, carrots, celery, onion).  I am low histamine and partial AIP, so all nightshades are out.  No tomato sauce :(

1/4 pomegranate and peppermint mocha tea. 

Posting for yesterday - Day 3 -  1/3/15. Oh boy, Saturday's get crazy.  LOL.  Not really, but with 3 kids, anything goes :).

M1: Chicken sausages with green beans and 2 tbsp banana chia pudding.  Black coffee.  (Same as yesterday morning!)

M2: 2 prime rib lettuce wraps with cucumber and tomatillo salsa.  1 pickle. Bowl of mushroom soup.  Tea. 

M3:Spaghetti squash with AIP "faumato" sauce and turkey kale meatballs.  Salad.  Water.

Handful of raspberries after dinner with chrysanthemum tea. 

TODAY - Day 4 - 1/4/15

M1: Turkey, kale, sweet potato skillet (turkey breast), topped with avocado slices, green onion, tomatillo salsa.  Coffee. (This will also be tomorrow's breakfast, BTW).

M2: Zoodles with fauxmato sauce and meatballs.  I used my Paderno spiralizer for the first time today and am in love with the angel hair blade!  Hot tea.

Snack:  Handful of Bare baked fuji apple chips.  Hot tea.

M2: Chicken soup with shrimp and veggies - chinese style.  So, it's sizzling rice soup with no rice (my older son eats all that himself.... kids are good for stuff you can't eat!). 

After dinner:   1/2 pomegranate and small coffee :)

All of my pictures are on my blog (link in my signature).  They haven't booted me off for excessive picture posting yet ;)

Day 5!

M1: Same as yesterday morning.... turkey sweet potato skillet.  Coffee.

M2: Lunch at Whole Food's Paleo bar - baked chicken leg, shredded carrot salad, braised cabbage, and a little bit of eggplant caponata.  St. Croix sparkling water.

Snack: banana with cashew butter and sliced coconut.  Coffee.

M3: Baked chicken breast with ras-el-hanout seasoning, gravy made with carrots and leeks, zoodles with fauxmato sauce, salad with Tessemae's zesty ranch dressing. 

After dinner will be the usual tea :).

I don't know why, but I'm bombing with my mayo lately!  I made 2 crumby batches and threw them out.  :(.  Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.  I'm usually not this bad. 

Day 6

M1: Turkey, kale, sweet potato skillet (turkey breast), topped with avocado slices, green olives.  Coffee.

M2: Zoodles with fauxmato sauce, Chinese chicken veggie soup, St. Croix water.

Snack: Plate of fresh veggies and avocado dip (avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper).  Coffee.

M3: Rubio's California Bowl with shrimp with added chicken, mango salsa, verde salsa.  No rice, no beans, no chipotle sauce, no salsa fresca (the salsa is for the sensitivity to tomatoes that I have).  Extra lettuce.  Brought along my own St. Croix water.  If you see the allergen chart, the bowl with no subs like mine has wheat, soy, milk.  With my omissions of these, and added protein and mango salsa, I am clear and compliant. 

http://www.rubios.com/files/menu/Rubios-Allergen-Chart.pdf

After dinner: 1/4 pomegranate and peppermint mocha tea :)

Day 7 :) ..... and what a day it's been!

Firstly, I woke up this morning with anaphalaxis  from something I ate who knows when.  I kinda felt it start yesterday, and I knew the instant I woke up with huge swollen cracked lips.  Usually this happens with cherries, but I didn't have any cherries.  Maybe my tomatillo salsa, but I had been eating that for a while with no reactions.  So, who knows?

M1: Roasted chicken breast and pear, baked sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon. Coffee.

M2: 2 Applegate organic beef hotdogs, organic sauerkraut, cold sesame cucumber salad.  Water.

M3: Banana with cashew and coconut butter.  Coffee.  This was really a bad idea, because I had diarrhea not so long after I started eating this.  Needless to say, I did not finish this meal.  :wacko:

M4:  Roasted pear and chicken breast, zoodles with creamy avocado sauce (avocado, onion, garlic, walnut oil, salt - heated and tossed in pan).  Water. ...... eaten with stomach cramps.  Because I ate something stupid at meal 3!  :angry:

Usual tea after dinner.  Either peppermint mocha or gingerbread spice chai.  I love these teas so much, too bad they are seasonal.  I wish Sprouts carried them year round.... but maybe I'll see if they still have some on clearance on Friday. 

Day 8:

Today was a tough one, considering that I barely had an appetite and I tried to eat.  Whatever I ate yesterday that I reacted to really did a number on me.  I guess I failed to mention that I *SHOULD* be on low histamine and/or AIP.    Maybe if I listened to my body (and the doctor), I wouldn't be in this place right now :wacko: .

M1: Leftover creamy avocado zoodles with chicken, blueberries with coconut cream (bad idea, but I had given it to my daughter at her insistence, and ate it after she didn't). Coffee.

M2: 1 green olive tuna cake.  I tried one after I made them, but I probably wouldn't have eaten anything at all. Recipe from Hold The Grain: http://meatified.com/tuna-cakes-green-olives/

M3:  Italian chicken casserole (recipe from Hold The Grain also :http://meatified.com/italian-chicken-casserole-hold-grain/).  Cup of hot organic bone broth. 

After dinner will be herbal tea, as usual. 

Day 9.  Perhaps not my easiest, because I had killer sweet cravings today and a nap!  OMG, I almost caved in to the cookies I bought my kids today.... but I stayed 100% compliant on the food I bought specifically  bought for myself and hubby.  The nap made me feel a bit better. 

M1: 2 green olive tuna muffins with avocado and green onion topping.  Coffee.

M2: Italian chicken casserole and a bowl of strawberries (which really don't count because shortly after I took the pic, my daughter stole the bowl).  St. Croix sparkling water.  

*In between*  Small bowl of baked apple and plantain chips.  I was dying for a whole slice of chocolate cake. 

M3:  Crockpot Thai green curry chicken with veggies (yellow squash, carrots, onions, broccoli, gold potato), fried pineapple cauliflower "rice".  Water.

Hey, guess what?  I'm having tea tonight.  LOL.  :D

Double days! 

Day 10

M1: 2 tuna muffins topped with avocado, 3 slices pineapple, baked sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon.  Coffee.

M2: 2 meatloaf muffins with vegan basil pesto, sauteed power greens (kale, spinach, chard), spaghetti squash with eggplant pesto (vegan), 1 pickle.  I made my meatloaf muffins with zucchini and carrots... yummy.  The pestos are Bolani and I picked them up from Costco.  No crappy ingredients, or cheese. All compliant. 

M3:  Dinner at my sister in law's for my father in law's birthday.  Baked salmon and chicken wings, shaved brussel sprouts salad, golden and red beet slices. sesame green beans and asparagus.  There were other things containing cheese and she served rice, but I politely passed.  I also politely declined the birthday cake (I felt a bit rude, though).  Then I had to explain to the other guests why I wasn't having any. I had tea and raspberries instead. 

Day 11

M1: Thai green curry chicken and pineapple fried rice.  Coffee.

Post work out: 1 meatloaf muffin with basil pesto, 2 pineapple slices, a few cashews.  Peppermint mocha tea. 

M2: Lettuce wrapped double meat burger with grilled onions.  Coffee. 

I caved in and had a banana and cashew butter while waiting for dinner.  Ooops.  :P

M3: 3 meatloaf muffins topped with eggplant, basil, and sundried tomato pestos, spaghetti squash with basil pesto, garlic lemon roasted broccoli, salad with Tessemae's zesty ranch dressing.  St. Croix sparkling water.

I might have some more pineapple with my tea. 

Day 12 and 13.... because I got lazy again!

Day 12

M1: Leftover green curry chicken with sauteed power greens. Coffee.

M2: 2 meatloaf muffins and spaghetti squash, topped with sundried tomato pesto (vegan), roasted broccoli. St. Croix sparkling water.

I think I threw in a banana and cashew butter in here.... probably with a few macadamia nuts.  I need to bump up my protein so I can get rid of these snacks!

M3: Italian chicken casserole, steamed artichoke with Tessemae's ranch as a dip, and egg drop soup (chicken bone broth, ground ginger, garlic, eggs, green onion).

Tea.

Day 13

M1: Dark meat turkey skillet with gold potatoes, power greens, pesto. 1 Cutie orange.  Coffee.

M2: 2 turkey burger patties and spaghetti squash topped with eggplant and basil pesto, handful of grapes, 1/2 artichoke.  Sparkling water.

- Insert a handful of macadamia nuts here.

M3: Panera steak wrap lettuce bowl, minus pesto.  Apple was my side. Water. 

Now: a small cup of coffee. 

Day 14

M1:  Dark meat turkey skillet with gold potatoes, power greens, pesto.  Coffee, banana with cashew butter. 

M2: Homemade paleo butter chicken  (made with ghee and coconut milk) with cauliflower rice and roasted broccoli. St. Croix water. (http://everydaypaleo.com/better-butter-chicken/)

M3: Macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi topped with pineapple (http://www.foodfaithfitness.com/mahi-mahi-recipe-macadamia/).   Nom Nom Paleo's brussel sprouts slaw with asian citrus dressing. I added red cabbage.  (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/66793339868/warm-brussels-sprouts-slaw-with-asian-citrus).  Handful of raw snow peas.  Tea. 

1/2 pomegranate and peppermint mocha tea after dinner!

Lucky you, whoever reads my posts!  3 days worth! 

Day 15

M1: Butter chicken and sauteed power greens.  Coffee.

M2: Chicken salad lettuce wraps (chicken, paleo mayo, grapes, cashews), handful of green garlic stuffed olives, creamy cucumber salad (sliced cucumber, paleo mayo, garlic, coconut vinegar).  St. Croix water.

M3: Mahi mahi with macadamia nut crust, pineapple topping, coconut pineapple cauliflower "rice", salad.  Water.

Day 16

M1: Sweet potato chicken hash skillet with sauteed power greens and basil pesto topping.  Coffee.

M2: Chicken salad on top of raw power greens, 2 pickles, veggie soup (veggie broth, celery, carrots, onions, red cabbage).  Water.

M3: Carne asada flank steak with sauteed onions and avocado, garlic shrimp (shrimp, ghee, garlic, lemon, salt), pan fried rosemary organic gold potatoes, steamed asparagus.  Water. Oh boy... I made quite a feast!  Yummy in my tummy :P .

Day 17

M1: left over dinner with 2 fried egg yolks.  Coffee.

M2: 3 flavor soup (beef, chicken, shrimp and chinese veggies).  Water and jasmine tea.

M3: "Kitchen sink" dinner plate  - Leftover butter chicken, roasted chicken mixed with shrimp, mahi mahi, and pesto, green beans. Veggie soup.  Water. 

Tonight is Ethiopian!  Wish me luck....lol :huh:

DAYS 18-20.... fail on my logging.... again!  LOL.

Long weekend, one sick kid.... oh yeah, I'm doing really well.  I almost forgot what I ate, but luckily I took pictures.  Update: my intolerance towards potatoes has decreased.... I don't know if it's because I'm using organic golds and not white.  I'm kinda happy!

Day 18

M1: Baked stuffed sweet potato with power greens, apple, turkey (yes, those leftover frozen Thanksgiving turkey remnants.... still!).  Coffee.

M2: In n Out burger with grilled onions, protein style.  Unsweetened ice tea.

M3: STOP THE PRESS!  I made an Ethiopian dinner with several entrees.... from scratch and compliant!  I even made my own spiced clarified butter (niter kibbeh).  Holy moly, I'm awesome!  Too bad I'll have to wait for some injera, but I did buy some for my hubby (and I watched him scoop up every morsel with a hint of jealousy....lol). I made : kei wot (spicy beef stew), atkilt wot (spiced cabbage, potatoes, carrot stew), ye doro tibs (chicken with peppers and onions), doro wat (spicy ethiopian chicken stew), gomen wot (collard greens with spices), and buffalo meat tartare (traditionally it's raw ground beef, but I cooked buffalo instead).  You HAVE to see the pics to believe!  (It was also my first time) :)

Day 19

M1: Leftover Ethiopian.  Coffee.

M2: Turkey burger with guacamole, onions, peppers, on lettuce.  Water.

M3: Surprise!  Ethiopian!

Day 20

M1: Small amount of Ethiopian, banana, coffee. 

M2: atkilt wot and tuna with celery sticks.  Water. 

M3: NO Ethiopian.  Made Nom Nom Paleo's slow cooker chicken and gravy, sauteed asparagus with beech mushrooms, mashed sweet potatoes.  Water. 

Day 21 - the day of the chicken. 

M1: Chicken and gravy, sauteed power greens, atkilt wot. Coffee.

M2: Rest of Ethiopian doro wat chicken, finished up atkilt wot.  Peppermint tea.

Coffee. 

M3: Chicken and gravy, stir-fried snow peas/asparagus/green cabbage/ white beech mushrooms, roasted mashed butternut squash, citrus red cabbage salad with roasted red beet.  Water.  Peppermint tea. 

Still hanging in there!  I'm just not really good at getting on the computer to do all this, so now I have all this work to do!

Days 22-24

Day 22

M1: Chicken and gravy, mashed butternut squash,  red cabbage and beet citrus salad, coffee, banana chia pudding.

M2: 2 turkey burgers topped with chopped chilis and olives served on sauteed chard, southwestern chicken soup, side of green olives and radishes.  Water.

M3: Paleo beef tacos, wrapped in butter lettuce leaf.  (beef, raw jicama, sauteed onions and bell pepper, guacamole, salsa fresca.). Southwestern chicken soup.  Water. 

Tea

Day 23

M1: Breakfast on the go.... I went out food shopping.  Coffee and a Kit's organic dark chocolate coconut almond bar. 

M2: Paleo tacos, rest of beet/cabbage/citrus salad.  Sparkling water. 

M3: Carne asada flank steak with sauteed onions and avocado, shrimp, pan fried rosemary organic gold potatoes, steamed asparagus. Water.  (Looks familiar?  Yeah... I made this last Friday, too!  It was just too good.  Really. 

Tea and 1/2 pomegranate.

Day 23

M1: Carne asada flank steak with sauteed onions, little bit of potatoes, 2 over easy eggs, 1 sliced roasted beet. 

M2: Lunch at Whole Foods - Paleo lemon herb chicken breast, paleo mixed veggies, paleo balsamic mushrooms, salad with lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Limonatta sparkling water. 

M3: Cultural weekend commences!  I made Indian this weekend. 

Tandoori chicken (baked in oven) - marinated in coconut milk with salt, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, onion, nutmeg, pepper, turmeric, lemon. No recipe - I looked at a mix that had sugar in it and just copied the ingredients for home.   I didn't make it very spicy so that my daughter could eat it.  And she did! 

Saag - http://myheartbeets.com/sarson-ka-saag-slow-cooker/  (except, I just took the spices and spinach/chard mix and cooked it on the stove).

Chicken Tikka Masala - http://againstallgrain.com/2011/03/15/paleo-chicken-tikka-masala/

Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Pancakes (I'd call these more like fritters) - http://homespunsprout.com/recipe/indian-sweet-potato-pancakes

Cauliflower "rice" vegetable biriyani -  No recipe.  I just took a bunch of spices and added cauliflower rice, carrot, onion, green beans. 

Water to drink. 

Days 25-26

Day 25

M1: 2 chicken patties topped with avocado and green chilis, served on top of yesterday's left over salad.  Coffee.

M2: Lettuce wrapped double patty burger with grilled onions, mushrooms, avocado.  Unsweetened ice tea.

M3: Left over Indian - chicken tikka masala, cauliflower "rice" biriyani, saag, 2 sweet potato patties.  Water.

1/2 pomegranate and herbal tea. 

Day 26

M1: Tikka masala, 2 sweet potato patties, steamed broccoli.  Coffee.

M2: 2 Applegate organic beef hotdogs, sauerkraut, brown deli mustard (Trader Joe's -compliant), 2 pickles, salad with Tessemae's ranch.  Water.

M3: 2 Saag chicken bratwurst sausages, steamed cabbage w/ghee,skillet red and sweet potatoes with onion and bell peppers. Sparkling water.

1 small organic Gala apple with cashew butter, herbal tea. 

Days 27-28

Almost there!

Day 27

M1: 1 chicken burger patty and small piece of chicken breast, pepper/onion/potato mix.  Coffee.

M2: Asian chicken butter lettuce cups (chicken breast, coconut aminos, cashew butter, cashew pieces, garlic), topped with jicama and avocado.  Sesame cucumber salad, mandarin orange.  Water.

Snack: Baked apple chips and raisins.

M3: Salad with garlic shrimp, cucumber, kalamata olives, Tessemae's zesty ranch.  Water.

Day 28

M1: 1 Applegate hot dog, banana with cashew butter and coconut flakes.  Coffee.

Snack while walking: Unsweetened toasted coconut chips.

M2: Salad topped with chopped chili lime chicken burger, radish, cucumber, sauteed zucchini, carrot, jicama, Tessemae's zesty ranch, cilantro guacamole. Water.

M3: Attempt at Chinese. 

Spaghetti squash "chow mein", broccoli beef cashew stir fry (http://paleomg.com/beef-and-broccoli-cashew-stiry-fry/), spicy orange shrimp (http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2013/09/paleo-spicy-orange-shrimp.html), eggdrop soup.  Water.

ENDING THE WHOLE30 ON DAY30! 

Let me give myself a pat on the back, for I have officially completed a FULL 30 days with NO restarts this time!  I'm so proud of myself!!! :squeal:  :lol:

Congrats to all who have completed this journey alongside of me!  :wub:

So without further ado, here's days 29-30!

Day 29

M1: Crazy morning! My older son had a doctor's appointment, and then I had to rush him back to school to where both of my sons were getting awards.  I ate a coconut cream pie Larabar and coffee. 

M2: Leftover Chinese.  Shrimp, spaghetti squash chow mein, and broccoli beef. Water. 

M3: Morroccan spiced grass fed Angus beef pie (cinnamon, cumin, ginger, raisins) with sweet potato topping, orange carrots (1 fresh squeezed orange and zest). Salad with Tessemae's zesty ranch.  Water.

Small bowl of strawberries and herbal tea.

Day 30!!!!!

M1: Chili lime chicken burger with sauteed kale, onion, sweet potato.  1/2 orange and coffee. 

M2: Leftover Chinese.  Broccoli beef and chow mein.  Water.

Cashew Larabar and coffee

M3: Leftover Moroccan pie, steamed broccoli with ghee, salad with Tessemae's zesty ranch.  Water. 

Herbal tea tonight! 

This weekend should be fun.... We are going to Walker Stalker Con in SF, so who knows what I'll be eating that day! 

Archived