Hurricane and the Whole30?

kew

I am on Day 3 of my first Whole30, and I got up this morning to a forecast track for TS Isaac that puts it in my lap very early Monday as a Category 2 hurricane. Now, there is still a good chance the storm will miss us completely, but if it doesn't, I would love some help in thinking about how to plan hurricane supplies that are Whole30-compliant. My old strategy of M&Ms and red wine will be even harder to resist if I don't have good alternatives.

I can handle the protein easily: canned chicken, salmon, tuna, sardines.

But I don't want to go overboard on nuts and dried fruit, which I could easily do when the anxiety-munchies strike. And fresh produce would not be a wise investment in case we lose power. So, are there good veggie options for me? Or do I throw in the towel and start over after the storm, assuming it passes over us at all?

Ha! I searched the forum for "hurricane" but I didn't think to search for "zombies"! Thanks! :) And I wouldn't have thought of sauerkraut -- which I love -- or baby food. So thanks for those, too.

(Looks like the storm may not come our way after all -- fingers crossed -- but I am much happier knowing I can have options.)

Archived