New to frozen veggies

falquaid

Dear All, i am a newbie on Day 2...so far so good! As we approach the weekend and I do my grocery shopping, i wanted to venture into trying frozen vegs (yes i agreee fresh is best, but i'd love to have a 'what if' plan in place for when i'm unable to do fresh...

Can anyone give tips / tricks on handling or prepping frozen vegetables? Im afraid of ending with a soggy load of veggies on my hand...

Cauliflower is great for Fauxtatoes, in fact some people prefer frozen for the texture.

I really love a stir fry mix I can get locally, which for my taste is too soggy for stir fries, but perfect for thai curries and asian soups :D

Green beans suit almost everything :)

• Moderators

I toss frozen greens right in the hot pan. Stir them a bit and as they thaw i then add fat to the pan. Season, toss in other ingredients. Quick and simple.

Frozen broccoli is great. Just microwave!

Also, frozen vegetables are often more nutritious than fresh due to the effects of time involved in shipping/sitting on the shelf.

I steam them in a pan with a little water ... I'll use the spaceship-looking basket if one's available but it's not essential.

I also cook them in a rice cooker quite often -- I like the "click and forget" convenience compared to watching a pot on the stove.

Archived