Mary's (smerler2graham) Whole30 log, started January 1

smerler2graham

So, it was a rough Fall! I had to have several different surgeries beginning the end of September with the final one 12/5/14. A couple health scares along the way when test results came back. 2 of the surgeries involved my feet, so I haven't been able to be on my feet much since 9/29! As a result, I have gained some weight and my muscle-strength and overall stamina are pretty wimpy. Happily, the scares all turned out to be fine and while I am still recovering, at least I am recovering!

I decided to begin my first Whole30 on January 1 because 2015 will be a healthy year for me and I wanted to start off by healing myself from the inside. Also began doing an online mat Pilates challenge because I can't jump around or bear weight for long periods of time.

Day 1 breakfast - 2 eggs (free-range) with broccoli, onion and spinach. Coffee (w/a little ghee and coconut oil blended) and tons of water! Felt very full until lunch when I got hungry.

Lunch - tuna mixed with 1/2 avocado in a bell pepper, a smoothie made with water, spinach, lemon juice, 2 slices of granny smith apple and 1/2 c frozen pineapple.

Dinner - sautéed cauliflower, 2 sweet potato salmon cakes - yummy! I resisted the champagne my husband drank and the molasses cookies my son had for dessert! Really wasn't that tempted.

First day felt good, low energy but that is more related to my feet! Drank lots of water and tried to move around more during the day.

On to day 2...

Archived