Coconut Aminos

cmyates

• Administrators

Coconut aminos definitely don't taste like coconut, sort of like a more sour soy sauce. I don't buy it because I find it too expensive and to get it I have to travel for quite a ways.....I skip it on the regular and have never had it make a difference in a recipe.

Coconut milk definitely does have a coconut taste but used in curries or soups the flavour is well disguised and it provides a lovely creamy sauce and great fat content. I also use it in my coffee as do many others.

I wanted to make the sunshine sauce but I don't have the coconut aminos nor can I buy them in my rural community. So I found her recipe for the substitute but it calls for black strap molasses which is not whole30 compliant. Can I make the sunshine sauce without the coconut aminos or the homemade substitute? or does it affect the taste so much that I might as well not. 

Thank you!

• Administrators

. Can I make the sunshine sauce without the coconut aminos or the homemade substitute? or does it affect the taste so much that I might as well not. 

Thank you!

You absolutely can make the sunshine sauce without the aminos and it is DELICIOUS. I don't have easy access to them and when I do I find them outrageously expensive. I have skipped them in every recipe that I've ever made where it called for it and have never ever noticed a difference.

Sauce on!

Archived